Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

That Was Awful

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
Mind you, it's been coming for a while.

The thing is, how do we pick ourselves up after a result/performance like that?

Comments

• Options
    Thing is we created so many decent opportunities that you have to wonder how we failed to score or at least get one decent effort on target. When we play well we never create that many chances, we need a goal scorer
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Mind you, it's been coming for a while.

The thing is, how do we pick ourselves up after a result/performance like that?

Now's the time for Parky to earn his money, yes it has been coming for a while....I think we might see a few changes for Sat?. Racon back in?, Sodje back (if his ban is over). Maybe even back to the system that served us well at the start of the season?....something has to change
  • Options
    Waggy deserves a start
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Waggy deserves a start
    Maybe, but he did have a few chances and did not show the maturity or composure to have an impact for a full 90 minutes.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Is Parkinson clever enough to make the right changes?

Like us he must have seen this coming but didn't make changes, he aint got that many options.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Waggy deserves a start
    Maybe, but he did have a few chances and did not show the maturity or composure to have an impact for a full 90 minutes.

indeed but he has shown that he can score goals which is what we are lacking at the moment. We looked like the Charlton of the last two years last night, we panicked as soon as we conceded and hoofed it rather than play football. It is a tad worrying but I hope the fans can be a bit better than their performance last night, some should hang their heads in shame. If you want to boo all the time FECK off to a pantomime
  • Options
    At the game last night (obviously) and agree we were gash, but as I had forgot to Sky + the game last night I watched the edited version that Sky re-ran at 1 am last night......which surprised me as we didn;t actually look that bad & played some decent football.

Main problem is that we don't create enough chances but more worringly our "strikers" don't make any themselves. Orient hit the post last night after their forward, with his back to goal, turned and shot all in one movement - never seen our front two do this. Also we don't have anyone in midfield running at defences with the ball - Racon is good at that and if you think Sam does it, think again !

Not sure where we go from here - the writing has been on the wall for weeks and alhough I'm confident we'll make the play-offs the top 2 now seems like fantasy land. It says it all when we take off our top goalscorer (Burton) and replace him with 2 players who have scored 1 goal between them all season........that will not get you promoted !
  • Options
    I thought our back four were far too deep at times last night, which gave the Orient midfielders opportunities to run forwards with the ball. We certainly created a lot of chances but if the front two spend the first 30 mins with their backs to goal and then most of the next 60 trying to run onto the ball but getting caught offside it does limit everything else.

I don't think we need wholesale changes, just a little tweak here and there. The most important thing is the mentality of the team and it was obvious in the last half an hour last night elements of panic were setting in, and we've not seen that since we lost to Southampton in the Paint.

To say that the top 2 is fantasy land when we're only 3 points behind with 19 games to go is unbelievable. There is a heck of a long way to go and plenty of twists and turns to come.
  • Options
    A decent striker who could stay onside would have given us all 3 points. or is that too simplistic?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]A decent striker who could stay onside would have given us all 3 points. or is that too simplistic?[/quote]

We assume our strikers were straying offside - did Sky show any replays to prove the fact, the lino could be wrong, especially when the through balls were coming a long way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dickson was off every bloody time. Made Burton (who I cursed loud and long last season for his inability to stay on side) look like a world expert at beating the offside trap.
  • Options
    The last time we got beat we went 11 games undefeated. Time to do it again, that is the only response.
  • Options
    I'll drink to that!