Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official post Orient match views, opinions and analysis

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
Only our third loss this year and we are still only 3 points (and loads of goals) off the top spot!

So how did you see it?

Comments

• Options
    In a pub on a comfy sofa with a nice dinner and a couple of drinks. Shame that a Millwall fan turned up with about twenty minutes to go, but you can't have everything.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]In a pub on a comfy sofa with a nice dinner and a couple of drinks. Shame that a Millwall fan turned up with about twenty minutes to go, but you can't have everything.
    lol
  • Options
    Think we could have played until midnight and still not scored - too many players not at their best and it all got a bit predictable.

Hopefully just a blip and a good win on Saturday will get us back on track.

As for Bailey, I think he's cried wolf too many times and maybe the referees know it.
  • Options
    i'd give dickson a rest now
  • Options
    Load of shite. That is all :)

I wish Sam would pass the fcking ball, he had the ball for half of the time we as a team had it, but he didn't know when to cross or pass, half the time he was shimmying it backwards.

Mooney didn't score a sitter, and it didn't surprise me on the way we were playing tonight. That's going to give Norwich a further push forwards knowing we're on bad form perfomance wise atm.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]Think we could have played until midnight and still not scored - too many players not at their best and it all got a bit predictable.

Hopefully just a blip and a good win on Saturday will get us back on track.

As for Bailey, I think he's cried wolf too many times and maybe the referees know it.

Yep, agree with all that.

I would just add that I'm through with Dickson. Had a false dawn at Brentford. Total cack. I dont blame Parky for giving him a try but when you think that he took Burton off to give him that try tonight, well...
  • Options
    Too many poor performances - a few good crosses from Sam and Richardson and their link play was about the only highlight.

No argument about the result, they deserved it.

We've not being playing well for some time, so this result shouldn't come as a shock. Still the last time we lost in the league was in late October and then we went on an eleven game unbeaten run. A similar reaction would be good.
  • Options
    Just back and what rubbish Llera was poor sam was up against a mug and didn't exploit him and bailey was laying on the floor crying while they was scoring their goal, he then got up and run up to the ref to complain. Why didn't he just get up and f**king defend instead of playacting again
  • Options
    Looked very toothless, big encouragement to anyone we play as well as Leeds and naaaaaarch. We are, as someone else pointed out, so predictable.
  • Options
    We are an average team in a poor league and our luck is running out
    hope we make the play offs we do lack class and depth
    not too worried if we don't go up and would hate to fall at the play offs
    not being doom and gloom just realistic in my eye
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richardson had a fantastic game making runs.sam played well but had no help
    tonight was like llera against colchester just so clumsy. Bailey was shit , embarassing the way he sat down and watched. Dickson was crap , even worse then mooney who ran all night but got no support same as sam who wa knackered.
    Why was that cnut jacket doing the sky thing. Also did anyone notice their fans waving a banner saying sky sports hd ?? Lol
  • Options
    Just got back.....

Continuing a theme of making ourselves look stupid live on national TV.

Thought we were appalling. We have been scraping home in recent weeks so I guess the defeat was going to come sooner rather than later.

No one comes out of that with any credit.

I could rant and rave but there is no point. Suffice to say, Llera is now beyond a liability and is just plain hopeless. Sam is still driving me insane. Mooney had his worst game for us etc etc.

Can accept being outplayed, but for me, we didn't work hard enough. How many loose balls did we pick up?. How many times did a dropped shoulder or one pass result in our entire midfield being taken out of the game?.

Seriously concerned about the lack of clear chances we are creating. Equally as concerned by the way our defence wobbles when put under any sort of sustained pressure.

The left hand side is a big problem. The formation gives us no balance. Shelvey tries to get involved and ends up coming inside looking for the ball - this is leaving Basey hopelessly exposed.

Think we need to try and get Racon back in the team. He can pick a pass and will open up defences.

Its clear that we are at a pivotal moment. We've reacted ok to defeats this season. Hopefully we will again. Sure we all agree it needs freshening up, we haven't go the money to do that so now is the time for Parky to start earning his money.

Alarmed by how one dimensional we became as the game dragged on. Constant hoofed balls to no-one and a severe releuctance to get the ball down and play.
  • Options
    Thought Sam played really well, didn't think there were too many times he should have crossed it and didn't. Also came inside very successfully after Burton and Semedo went off and we had a massive hole from their cd's to the halfway line.

Leyton O deserved it. Quite obvious you couldn't take Burton off. If a team presses space then Shelvey in the middle is unfortunately the answer atm. Would have liked to see Racon on for Semedo and Mckenzie on for Shelvey. But at least Parky was positive, I'll not attack him as he's done so well with a squad that is imbalanced.
  • Options
    I have turned into a moaner FACT

Elliots distribution is shit
    Basey is shit
    Jonjo was shit tonight
    Bailey wasn't good tonight
    Mooney is words I can't put on a family message board
    Burton is two thirds to a half of where our top striker should be
    Llera is hopefully in the Thames

And yet all the above will probably be discounted because Lloyd Sam didn't score twelve

Love being a Charlton fan
  • Options
    Another disappointing night at the Fun Factory. The most disappointing aspect is i don't think deep down it really came as a surprise to many people.

Tonight's defeat did not begin at the starting whistle, it has been steadily building over the last six weeks, where we have registered a host of draws and a series of wins that all seemed to have lacked the word 'convincing'.

We've lost our way a little. Supporters may be fickle, and not fully understand tactics, phases in play etc. But they are equally not mugs, and the worry is that we appear to be a side that is not playing with conviction or confidence, which is crazy given our league position.

That team tonight was no too different from the side that played beautiful fluid football and bossed games at the start of the season. Yes the standard of pitches have deteriorated a little, but you can see the difference in confidence by the amount we now play longer. Mooney is a good example. When he first came he was looking to get behind and stretch the opposing back four. He could do that because the team were confident enough to play through midfield. Now he spends the bulk of the time jumping for long balls facing his own goal. Burton Mk II.

We've become predictable. We shouldn't go over the top off the back of a defeat, but i'm starting to get a nervy deja vu that this season is taking a similar path to the one of two years ago in The Championship, where we started well and gradually fell away as the season progressed. I hope i'm wrong and over dramatising, but the signs of a lack of goal threat, predictable play and draining confidence are starting to resurface.

Hopefully Tranmere will be as shite as they were at the start of the season and give us the leg up we seem to need.
  • Options
    Dire game.

Bailey and Shelvey not in the game enough and as for Bailey rolling around while they had a spare player to score their goal is an absolute joke.

Mooney missed a gilt edge chance but hold up play he was ok. Unfortunately both Burton and Mooney were playing the 'hold up' game and nobody was running off them. Llera was crap but thought Frazer had a decent game.

Kick up the arse or start of a downward spiral? We'll soon find out.
  • Options
    Didnt look bothered from the start, a real lack of effort on the whole sides part tonight. Credit to Orient, they were the opposite - shut us down quickly, gave us no room in the middle. Mooney was atrocious, Llera - shit, Sam and Shelvey so so frustrating.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Just back and what rubbish Llera was poor sam was up against a mug and didn't exploit him and bailey was laying on the floor crying while they was scoring their goal, he then got up and run up to the ref to complain. Why didn't he just get up and f**king defend instead of playacting again

I got a mouthful from some idiot sitting behind me when I politely pointed this out to Nicky.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Thought Sam played really well, didn't think there were too many times he should have crossed it and didn't. Also came inside very successfully after Burton and Semedo went off and we had a massive hole from their cd's to the halfway line.

Leyton O deserved it. Quite obvious you couldn't take Burton off. If a team presses space then Shelvey in the middle is unfortunately the answer atm. Would have liked to see Racon on for Semedo and Mckenzie on for Shelvey. But at least Parky was positive, I'll not attack him as he's done so well with a squad that is imbalanced.[/quote]

You must be having a laugh SAM PLAYED REALLY WELL ha ha ha ha
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Thought Sam played really well, didn't think there were too many times he should have crossed it and didn't. Also came inside very successfully after Burton and Semedo went off and we had a massive hole from their cd's to the halfway line.

Leyton O deserved it. Quite obvious you couldn't take Burton off. If a team presses space then Shelvey in the middle is unfortunately the answer atm. Would have liked to see Racon on for Semedo and Mckenzie on for Shelvey. But at least Parky was positive, I'll not attack him as he's done so well with a squad that is imbalanced.

You must be having a laugh SAM PLAYED REALLY WELL ha ha ha ha

If contributing nothing to the game and producing probably zero quality into the box is categorised as playing well then I agree, Lloydd played well.

Richardson looked more of a threat than him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sam was the only player causing problems..
  • Options
    Richardson beat their fullback 8 times more than sam did Absolutely disgraceful for a player who could be the best winger in the league
  • Options
    Sam had a typical game a couple of good crosses and one shot which ended up closer to a goal than it shold have been thanks to a deflection. Other than that, not a lot.
  • Options
    for me having no outlet on the left led to our downfall tonight

every ball went to the right, we could only ever stay down that side and never had the option to switch

i think we doubled our offside tally for the season (thanks to mooney and dicko)

sam annoys me because he should be so good but never seems to play well for a full 90minutes recently but we dont no how parky asks him to play so cant judge....we started with more of a diamond in midfield and nobody on the left so maybe sam was asked to play more narrow. or maybe not but if not he really needs to get wide and stay there

dickson proved he was useless and as everyone has already said think burton should have been left on

but o well still lots of games to go and all that
  • Options
    Same old predictable reaction to Sam I see. If we put away some of his good crosses we'd all be saying how well he did.

Yet again even only having an average game he was our main threat and outlet going forward. He and the whole team in fact could do with a left footed left midfielder in the team.

There times Sam frustrates in every game, but if we were going to score it always looked like he would be involved.

Let's see how they react on Saturday. It's worrying but it's also just one game. Will be interesting to see our squad in a few weeks after the window shuts and the loan window reopens.
  • Options
    Shit game

And to make it worse some druggie tried selling me a PS3 and a laptop at Eltham Station and offered me a lift home, thankfully the bus was late to end the convo
  • Options
    Richardson def best player tonight. Sam, Llera, Mooney & Jonjo were an absolute joke. No quality from any. Why doesn't Sam learn to cross or get a ball in early? Why does Jonjo continue to shoot from 30yrds when he can't hit the target from the edge of the box 9 times out of ten?

Get Racon in and start playin Waggy. Give McKenzie a run out n let's see what he can do as well, may offer something different.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Same old predictable reaction to Sam I see. If we put away some of his good crosses we'd all be saying how well he did.

Yet again even only having an average game he was our main threat and outlet going forward. He and the whole team in fact could do with a left footed left midfielder in the team.

There times Sam frustrates in every game, but if we were going to score it always looked like he would be involved.

Let's see how they react on Saturday. It's worrying but it's also just one game. Will be interesting to see our squad in a few weeks after the window shuts and the loan window reopens.

He wasn't a threat he was shite one decent cross doesn't make it an average game. If it does then it just shows why we got completely outplayed tonight. How on earth do you say he was our main threat and outlet?? He hid for 90% of the game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Richardson def best player tonight. Sam, Llera, Mooney & Jonjo were an absolute joke. No quality from any. Why doesn't Sam learn to cross or get a ball in early? Why does Jonjo continue to shoot from 30yrds when he can't hit the target from the edge of the box 9 times out of ten?

Get Racon in and start playin Waggy. Give McKenzie a run out n let's see what he can do as well, may offer something different.

There was quality there from Sam and Shelvey, just not at the right moments or other players then got it wrong.

Wagstaff is not ready to be starting, useful off the bench yes but makes a lot of mistakes, still looks naive at times to me.

McKenzie if fit I would like to see I agree. Racon on his day is good but who do you drop? Big changes to the team isn't the answer.

Richardson drove forward well but at times only ended up giving the ball away.
  • Options
    Lloyd Sam played well, had no support though. other than that, although a win would've put us joint top the East-Londoners seemed to want it more, especially after a goal that was scored when play should've been stopped already>??? it just seemed like one of those games that it doesn't matter how many attempts at goal are made we were never going to score; you could call it lack of effort on Charlton's part or even 'bad luck'. But I put it down to the dreaded 'curse of sky'!!