Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Orient stun Charlton with derby win

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
No doubt there may well be some on here who think I've been too harsh on Dickson but I stand by it. Typical Pardew signing. Grrrrrrr ....

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4871371.Orient_stun_Charlton_with_derby_win/

Comments

• Options
    bit ott for a newspaper report
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    elbow for their goal was disgusting!
  • Options
    personally he should have stayed on hes feet,hardly disgusting watch it again mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]elbow for their goal was disgusting!

It was a foul but Bailey should have played to the whistle.
  • Options
    agreed,it was a foul but he play acted and we got found out. he looked embarrsed afterwards
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]personally he should have stayed on hes feet,hardly disgusting watch it again mate.
    it was a double elbow and he got away with both! - disgusting in my opinion - the elbows themselves were tame - meant the decision more so!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]No doubt there may well be some on here who think I've been too harsh on Dickson but I stand by it. Typical Pardew signing. Grrrrrrr ....

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4871371.Orient_stun_Charlton_with_derby_win/

I don't know how you can say that the Dickson was "over hyped", the rest is fair comment, but you are scapegoating one player for a poor performance.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]bit ott for a newspaper report[/quote]

Maybe but Dickson isn't up to it and I've had enough. Three years it has been now since he signed and absolutely nothing in return.
  • Options
    i see,yeah it was a foul but he went down like it was a shearer type elbow,got to stop now really
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]No doubt there may well be some on here who think I've been too harsh on Dickson but I stand by it. Typical Pardew signing. Grrrrrrr ....

[url]http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4871371.Orient_stun_Charlton_with_derby_win/[/url][/quote]

I don't know how you can say that the Dickson was "over hyped", the rest is fair comment, but you are scapegoating one player for a poor performance.[/quote]

Maybe I am scapegoating him, you are right because he wasn't the only one.

The over hyped thing is quite simple. He is over hyped, mainly by himself in interviews.
  • Options
    Lol

As subtle as The Mirror with politics.

Dickson isn't great but that is quality journalism. Not sure nigel w would have got away with that if he had said how shit jonjo was tonight...
  • Options
    Make you 100% right newshoper!
    How many times did the idiot want to get caught offside?
    He's not to blame for the loss, there were too many players off form tonight but that moron just kept getting caught off side because he's too stupid to understand the game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]No doubt there may well be some on here who think I've been too harsh on Dickson but I stand by it. Typical Pardew signing. Grrrrrrr ....

[url][/url]http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4871371.Orient_stun_Charlton_with_derby_win/

I don't know how you can say that the Dickson was "over hyped", the rest is fair comment, but you are scapegoating one player for a poor performance.

Maybe I am scapegoating him, you are right because he wasn't the only one.

The over hyped thing is quite simple. He is over hyped, mainly by himself in interviews.

Being the journo you'd know more what he says in interviews than me, personally I think if you are going to talk yourself up in interviews then you'd better have the game to go with it, or else. A bizarre way to end your report, because he wasn't the only culprit, Mooney had a very undistinguished night in front of goal and Jonjo's efforts were a danger to low-flying aircraft, but at least you're not sitting on the fence.
  • Options
    Lol

News Shopper’s main observation from tonight’s fiasco is although Charlton didn’t play well throughout, Dickson contributed absolutely nothing from the moment he came on and surely has to be the most over-hyped signing in recent Charlton history.

To be blunt, he is frankly completely out of his depth at this level and if Mr Scally is actually stupid enough to pick up his phone again between now and the end of the month, please bite his hand off this time Parky.

No surprises it was Alan Pardew who snapped him up either.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    "News Shopper’s main observation from tonight’s fiasco is although Charlton didn’t play well throughout, Dickson contributed absolutely nothing from the moment he came on and surely has to be the most over-hyped signing in recent Charlton history.

To be blunt, he is frankly completely out of his depth at this level and if Mr Scally is actually stupid enough to pick up his phone again between now and the end of the month, please bite his hand off this time Parky.

No surprises it was Alan Pardew who snapped him up either."

LOL - Ending a match report with an opinionated, 'messageboard-style' rant !

You won't win any journalist awards for it, but its made me chuckle.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

Being the journo you'd know more what he says in interviews than me, personally I think if you are going to talk yourself up in interviews then you'd better have the game to go with it, or else. A bizarre way to end your report, because he wasn't the only culprit, Mooney had a very undistinguished night in front of goal and Jonjo's efforts were a danger to low-flying aircraft, but at least you're not sitting on the fence.

He wasn't the only culprit as I've admitted above. He just did absolutely nothing though when he did come on and I've finally ruun out of patience with him.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

LOL - Ending a match report with an opinionated, 'messageboard-style' rant !

You won't win any journalist awards for it, but its made me chuckle.

I scorn journalism awards with the self-congratulatory smugness they desrve : )
  • Options
    LOL, that is funny. Maybe we could take turns writing your last paragraph every week NS. Would make for an entertaining column (err.. that sounds a bit gay).
  • Options
    I'm guessing that we won't be seeing any 'exclusive' Chris Dickson interviews in the News Shopper any time soon...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]I'm guessing that we won't be seeing any 'exclusive' Chris Dickson interviews in the News Shopper any time soon...[/quote]

Only if the headline says 'Why I joined Gillingham'.

I would love to say he will prove me wrong now and score a hat-trick against Tranmere on Saturday. Go for it Dicko by all means but I won't hold my breath.
  • Options
    I thought Dickson would play well with Burton, needs someone intelligent alongside him. Tonight again he looked non league and bought nothing to the table. Mooney may have missed a sitter or two but linked up well, worked hard and looked like he 'could' get a goal. Dickson could not score in a brothel tonight
  • Options
    Perfectly fair assessment.