Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New names for parts of London

With the news that Bloomsbury, Holborn and St Giles are set to be grouped together under the title 'Midtown' in a bid to raise the profile of an area sometimes seen as the boring bit in the middle of the West End and The City what new names would you give to other part of our great City?

Comments

• I'd call Charlton Ebbsfleet in preparation for the ground share /merger in a few years.

*lights blue touchpaper withdraws*

:-)
  • South Bermondsey - Misfit Manor
  • Norwood - Wanktown
  • Norwood

Tangotown
  • Belverdere - Dudeville
  • SE7 could be renamed "East London"...... every single poxy journalist and TV commentator could then correctly refer to Charlton as an East London club.

Does a Len, runs away and hides.

;o)
  • I have heard Raynes Park described as "Wimbledon Slopes" which amused me.
  • Isn't Charlton East Blackheath?
  • E 13 renamed 'Going Downtown'
  • I went to school in Eltham Heights
  • Sponsored links:

• no Charlton is Greenwich ;)
  • I once knew somebody who lived near the Peter Pan Pool in Downham refer to it as Bromley Ponds!
  • Bromley Pond is where the Homebase is.

Catford - Crackford.
    Downham - Brownham.
    Orpington - Whorepington.
  • Erith - Bexley Riviera
  • St Reatham - Streatham
    Croushand - Crouch End
    North Downham - Catford!
  • and Woolwich?
  • Kings Cross = Reaperbahn
  • [cite]Posted By: FTP[/cite]and Woolwich?

Was leaving that to Goonerhater : - )
  • Thamesmead - River Thames.
  • Deptford - West Greenwich.

Oh that's already been done!
  • Sponsored links:

• To be fair, Holborn/Bloomsbury has "unofficially" been referred to as Mid-town for a good few years now. Think they just want to try and make it more official.
    Some cracking pubs around there.

[cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Bromley Pond is where the Homebase is.

Peter Pan's Pool is where the Homebase is - Bromley Pond has never existed!

Made me laugh when they re-branded Surrey Docks as Surrey Quays and invented the new place called Canada Water - which is basically Rotherhithe, I don't care what anyone says!

I used to live in a place called Ladywell, which is apparently now Ladywell Village. Must look out for the game of cricket on the green and the may pole next time I'm passing!
  • [cite]Posted By: FTP[/cite]and Woolwich?

No longer exists.

Wiped out by beaurocracy. And town planners.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]Deptford - West Greenwich.

Oh that's already been done![/quote]

Certain estate agents would have you believe that New Cross is "The Blackheath Gateway" as well!
  • Deptford Arse-end
  • [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]Deptford - West Greenwich.

Certain estate agents would have you believe that New Cross is "The Blackheath Gateway" as well!

I'm actually in New Cross and my bit gets referred to as Hatcham Park....

I prefer "da ghetto".
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]To be fair, Holborn/Bloomsbury has "unofficially" been referred to as Mid-town for a good few years now. Think they just want to try and make it more official.
    Some cracking pubs around there.

[cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Bromley Pond is where the Homebase is.

Peter Pan's Pool is where the Homebase is - Bromley Pond has never existed!
    Peter Pan's Pool is Catford Southend, surely?
  • That's what I meant Alex. Unless there is more than one Homebase in Catford!
  • [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]Deptford - West Greenwich.

I'm actually in New Cross and my bit gets referred to as Hatcham Park....

I prefer "da ghetto".

I'm New Cross as well - "da ghetto" is definitely more apt!
  • edited January 2010
    Lewisham: Leaburnham

Woolwich: Bondswich

Kennington: Gloverton
  • Idiot estate agents tried to rename the beautifully named Fitzrovia as Noho. Which is stupid as it is based on the NYC way of shortening area names based around street names (SoHo - South of Houston Street, TriBeCa - Triangle Below Canal Street, etc) and Noho doesn't work in those terms. So instead I comed up with the name Squbegreoxeutot (Square Between Great Portland St, Oxford Street, Euston Road and Tottenham Court Road) and I have been using it on the internet for a couple of years now. It has never really caught on though.