Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds fan at work

Up until a few weeks ago, he was all cocky, then came the comment from him "i fear for you boys, think it will be us and Norwich" in his broad yorkshire accent, just bumped into him, he is all doom and gloom, we are going to throw it away, i have just been reminding him that they are playing every Saturday and Tuesday up until April, we have Norwich and Leeds to come at home. They are not happy bunnies and it would appear they are looking at the play offs as their route for promotion.

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully they will beat Carlisle in the JPT 2nd leg and Spurs in the replay so they'll have Wembley and the FA Cup to occupy them and add to their fixture pile up whilst we go quietly about our business
  • Options
    Well he' sounds as silly as some of the posters on here a couple of weeks back who said Leeds had it sown up and that we should forget about trying to catch them....there's a way to go and who knows what's going to unfold.
    They are still in the driving seat(two games in hand) but as I and a few others pointed out (in a thread I can't find now?) a couple of bad results and it's all back in the mixing pot....as it is now.
  • Options
    this is what that oaky white said....

If i was you i would be more worried about what Norwhich and Huddersfield are doing rather than Leeds, apart from Norwhich Huddersfield have been the best footballing side i have seen at Elland rd this season albeit they were fired up with it been a derby game and in all honesty should have taken all 3 points. As for the Man u game yes it will be a distraction but i am confident Grayson will not let them get carried away and by the time we play them i hope we have both pulled a little further away from the chasing pack.
  • Options
    I saw this on another forum last week from a Leeds fan discussing their form

"It's more the fact that we do this every season tbh. 05/06 we beat Sheffield United and briefly sat 2nd in the league with just a handful of games to play. We bottled it, came 5th, lost the play-off final and got relegated next season. 07/08 we came from -15 all the way to 2nd, again bottled it, came 4th, and again lost the play-off final. Last season we were top for a while, then everything collapsed, we lost five on the trot which effectively ended our campaign.

Now we've let an 11 point lead drop to just 3, and are showing no signs of stopping. We've been distinctly average since Liverpool in all honesty, scraping wins mostly and occasionally playing teams off the park. Now those games we were playing poorly earlier in the season in and still winning (Exeter, Wycombe, Orient, Stockport, MK Dons, etc) we're now getting just a point, or nothing. Carlisle join Brentford, Wycombe and Exeter in bottom-half teams that we have been unable to beat in the past month. We're dreadful atm and it doesn't look like we're getting any better."
  • Options
    So it would appear there cracking in January, i remember another team that used to do that, IMO i think we have had our wobble and have now got a second wind
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite] i think we have had our wobble and have now got a second wind

That's how I see it

(watch us draw tonight now!)
  • Options
    ssshhhhhhh!

Can we stop talking about what might happen so to make it not happen or to happen whatever the case may be.
    If you see what I mean.
    Sort of.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]i think we have had our wobble and have now got a second wind

That's how I see it

(watch us draw tonight now!)

I'd take a draw now.

So, if it's not Leeds and it's not us going up with Norwich who is?

For the record Leeds have picked up 21 points from their last 10 games which is exactly the same as us. In that time they've also won at Old Trafford and drawn at White Hart Lane and in both games looked anything other than a League 1 side. They also, unlike ourselves, have quality cover in every position.

I wish we had Leeds's problems.