Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are we gunna sign anyone

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
ive heard rumours but who actually are we gunna sign

Comments

• Options
    No one.
  • Options
    if u haven't heard we are skint
  • Options
    To buy a player or two means selling and there's no one in the squad that I want to see the back of - but Mooney was re-signed and I think will stay until the season end, it seems Reading don't want him.

The best bet is that a prem team might loan us a player who is surplus to requirements but we won't know that until the transfer window closes and the teams themselves work out who they want to retain and let go.
  • Options
    Norfolk Enchance of us signing anyone
  • Options
    I heard a whisper that Marcus Bent is looking for a club, oh, and JFH and Rommers too !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Not even in jest Golfie, please!
  • Options
    Troy Archibald Henville is back at Spurs after doing very well at Exeter on loan. He would be a good signing and would bring in extra revenue from shirt lettering!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Troy Archibald Henville is back at Spurs after doing very well at Exeter on loan. He would be a good signing and would bring in extra revenue from shirt lettering!

i thought he was cack against us
  • Options
    Hope we are looking at better than Henville. He was at Norwich on a season long loan last year and didn't even make the bench.
  • Options
    The club should tap up every adult ST holder for £200 and every kid and ancient for £100. Dunno how many ST holders we have, but I reckon that should bring in about a million quid, which should get us a couple of good players for this level (including wages). Our rivals are signing players, we can't afford to be left behind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    a good source tells me we are signing dave martin, from the scum.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: happyvalley[/cite]a good source tells me we are signing dave martin, from the scum.

At least he's one of us.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]The club should tap up every adult ST holder for £200 and every kid and ancient for £100. Dunno how many ST holders we have, but I reckon that should bring in about a million quid, which should get us a couple of good players for this level (including wages). Our rivals are signing players, we can't afford to be left behind.
    Bleeding hell, how rich do you think our fanbase is F&H? We're just coming out of a recession, lots of people have lost their jobs, been put on reduced hours, or had quite lean years, and you're expecting them to donate an extra half to two thirds of the cost of their season tickets to the club on the off-chance that we'll be able to raise enough in the next week to buy a player! And how may kids do you know that have got a spare hundred quid to throw around? Come back when you've rejoined the real world.
  • Options
    Dave Martin would be a great signing but doubt we have the cash.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]The club should tap up every adult ST holder for £200 and every kid and ancient for £100. Dunno how many ST holders we have, but I reckon that should bring in about a million quid, which should get us a couple of good players for this level (including wages). Our rivals are signing players, we can't afford to be left behind.

yer my missus would be well impressed if i stump up £300 between me and joe to sign some players.
  • Options
    We could have a cake sale.
  • Options
    wind up merchant Ali.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: happyvalley[/cite]a good source tells me we are signing dave martin, from the scum.

What source is that then ? NOTW ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]wind up merchant Ali.

Does he work for HMRC? Has he got anything to do with Pompey or the Croydon lot?
  • Options

would like this to be true but can't see it tbh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree Eltham. Would cost money.
  • Options
    Maybe the rumour came from the fact he was appaently at the poos game. But one of the guys on here said he was just there as a fan. I would love us to get him as he has always impressd me
  • Options
    I heard we're signing Ruud van Nistelrooy.
  • Options
    yes he was at the game as a fan dont think he will be coming to the valley as a player yet but will be there tomorrow cheering on the reds.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]We could have a cake sale.

or the players could do a "Boot fair"............see what I did there?............."Boot f..........oh never mind ; (
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Hope we are looking at better than Henville. He was at Norwich on a season long loan last year and didn't even make the bench.

True, but he spent the second half of the season in League 2 at Exeter, helping them to promotion. I think City are trying to re-sign him for the rest of the season. Seen him play a few times last season and thought he was good on the ball and reasonably pacy, also plays in midfield. Out of contract in the summer, but young enough for Spurs to want a fee.
  • Options
    News from Essex Al -Lee Barnards' bro in law told him we made a bid for the player when the window opened but it was turned down. So sounds like Parky's still looking for that elusive striker out there....