Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Amir Khan jogs Warren on

It was on the cards as soon as he started his own promotional company, but he's pushed Warren away

This can be explained in 2 ways.

1) He was sick of Warren taking the cut of his earnings he was
2) He, nor any of his team wanted him to go anywhere near Maidana

I'm sure 1 is a big chunk of it but he would get f*cked up by Maidana. His team want him to fight Mallignaggi who while technically above average cannot break glass.

I am not knocking Khan, but all the while he is being paraded as a box office fighter I cannot respect his achievements. He dodged Thaxton & Murray so cannot say he has even fought the best domestic fighters, let alone the best in the world to hold a world title belt.

He has lost the overrated 0 on his record so should be looking to fight the best (as a world champion) not having fights hand-picked for him.

Warren said in the Sun today that the Maidana fight had been made as it was a mandatory defence, Roach don't want Khan to take it, but Warren said that's the way it is (although I question the authenticity of Warren saying this a touch) so by moving to GBP they will somehow work around him fighting the bangers for a bit longer and continue to expect people to weigh out for pay per view fights against blown up lighter fighters, has-beens and light-handed fighters.

Pah

Comments

• This happened last week and was surprised it had not been discussed.
  • This sort of thing is the reason boxing isn't the sport it should be.