Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Latest Films

Comments

• Options
    Has anybody seen the Everything film? Like to know if its as good as everyone is raving about. 
    I hated it . 
    Gave up after 40mins. Oscars?
  • Options
    Has anybody seen the Everything film? Like to know if its as good as everyone is raving about. 
    I hated it . 
    We made it a similar amount of time. I felt like it was what it tried to be, but not my kind of movie at all. 

I like comedy, I like multiverse theory, I like martial arts, but smashed all into one movie... Nah 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I hated it . 
    We made it a similar amount of time. I felt like it was what it tried to be, but not my kind of movie at all. 

I like comedy, I like multiverse theory, I like martial arts, but smashed all into one movie... Nah 
    Same. 
  • Options
    Have to agree with shape of water, pure unadulterated shite!! I like Sally Hawkins as a rule but this was pure nonsense! best film of the year my arse, voted by lovies!
  • Options
    One for the chicks, sentimental romantics amongst you.

Faraway on Netflix.

It’s dubbed in English, believe German originally. Starts badly but stick with it. I found it a cross between When Harry met Sally (if you know, you know) & Shirley Valentine. I never heard of any of the cast but they were very authentic.
    I found it very funny but most importantly, on a very very soft West Cork day when I wasn’t in the best place mentally, it really lifted my heart & filled it with joy.

Now I’m off to book a holiday 😜
  • Options
    I watched An Irish Goodbye last night.

Wow. Such a simple, honest wee film. It had me laughing and crying in equal measure. 

I can see why it won the Oscar. James Martin is absolutely wonderful in it. But the priest was the star for me, just so real.

Worth twenty five minutes of anyone’s time ☘️
    Watched this as well the other day - its on Iplayer at the minute for anyone interested.
  • Options
    Shazam, definitely a marmite film, if you want to watch something to get away from real life, then its an escape, so ticks the box.
  • Options
    What's Love Got to do with it.
    Slightly slushy film starring Lily James as a documentary maker working on a story about arranged marriage in the Pakistani/London community. It's all a bit predictable, but I quite enjoyed it, and had a tear in the eye near the end.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    thenewbie said:
    I think it’s a film that you either "get" and find brilliant or it leaves you completely at a loss as to the fuss.

Plus the general problem that with all the hype about it and praise, it just can't actually be THAT good if/when you do watch it.
    It lost my wife at the start and she hated it. I enjoyed it, but the premise was that if it is possible, it can happen which does represent the multiverse, even having hot dog fingers! But then, if it was possible to end it all, that would happen too surely. But it is a film, not a science project and I'll give it a 6.5. If you are going to watch it, don't do what my wife does and mess about with your phone at the start as you need to focus on what is happening.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    I think it’s a film that you either "get" and find brilliant or it leaves you completely at a loss as to the fuss.

Plus the general problem that with all the hype about it and praise, it just can't actually be THAT good if/when you do watch it.
    It lost my wife at the start and she hated it. I enjoyed it, but the premise was that if it is possible, it can happen which does represent the multiverse, even having hot dog fingers! But then, if it was possible to end it all, that would happen too surely. But it is a film, not a science project and I'll give it a 6.5. If you are going to watch it, don't do what my wife does and mess about with your phone at the start as you need to focus on what is happening.
    Possibly the most infuriating thing someone can do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Slightly slushy film starring Lily James as a documentary maker working on a story about arranged marriage in the Pakistani/London community. It's all a bit predictable, but I quite enjoyed it, and had a tear in the eye near the end.
    Where did you watch this? love a bit of Lily James so will give it a watch
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Saw this recently - lightweight but enjoyable.
  • Options
    A small French-Belgian film called CLOSE is the best film I've seen in a long time. It was nominated for an Oscar but the overblown All Quiet On The Western Front won out over this quiet, perfectly acted, intensely emotional film about the doomed friendship between two young lads of 11.
  • Options

It reminded me of the 90s when standalone action sci-fi films didn't aim to be franchises. It's good fun even though it takes itself a bit too seriously at times. Not least when the title comes up on screen about half an hour into the movie - it's very impressed with it's own blatantly obvious twist that I'm pretty sure is in the marketing. The dinosaurs are basically big monsters, and it showed how clever Spielberg was when it came to giving dinos a personality for an on-going battle. There's none of that here, it's just monsters being vindictive. Still, I shouldn't take it too seriously, it's cheesy and fun. 4/8

• Options
    John Wick Chapter 4.

Full on, high body count movie, think I need a lie down after watching this movie, it ain’t no Rom Com!
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Luther. The film. 

I loved the BBC series, but this Netflix production was utter shite. 

The plot was absolutely ludicrous, full of holes and timeline discrepancies. Andy Sarkis as the over the top criminal reminded me of the Roger Moore 70's Bond villains. It's full of action but not sure how the excellent Idris Elber out his name to this rubbish. 

4/10
    Despite what had been said on here we watched the new Luther this afternoon. 

I was thinking it was okay 30 minutes in and warming to it however it went downhill and the last 30 minutes were totally unbelievable and laughable 

• Options
    TELTEL
    edited March 2023
    Bullet Train

A little late to be a new film, but I watched  it on Saturday evening.

Brad Pitt was brilliant, I love it when he plays this type of role. Thoroughly enjoyable and I've not laughed as much at a film for a very long time. 

8/10

• Options
    Took my daughter and 2 grandsons to see new Dungeon and Dragons movie yesterday
    A combination of comedy and action
    We all enjoyed it. Give it 8/10.
  • Options
    Watched Gringo last night.
    It’s been in the recorded bin for ages.
    I nearly gave up on it 20 minutes in as I truly hated the two main characters.
    Glad I stuck with it, definitely didn’t see the end coming.
    I know it’s not ‘latest’ but………..🤣🤷‍♀️😘

• Options
    edited March 2023
    I watched Luther at the weekend with my younger daughter. I was really enjoying it (as much as you can enjoy a film about a sadistic killer anyway). I did have a reservation prior to watching - my brother in law had seen it and asked me if it was possible to get a ferry from Dover to Norway as it seemed a bit of a long way. And when that finally arrived, I was struggling to enjoy a film which seemed to have such rivetting oddities in it for no reason. And the finale just seemed daft, again for no reason. Surely they could have made a film where the ending didn't require the audience to completely shut off from the real world.
    I'll give it 5 out of 10 for Luther and the first half, but wouldn't need to see it again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TEL said:
    Bullet Train

Brad Pitt was brilliant, I love it when he plays this type of role. Thoroughly enjoyable and I've not laughed as much at a film for a very long time. 

8/10

I watched it last week and enjoyed it too. Not sure why they cast Brian Tyree Henry as a cockney but he did a pretty good job considering.

8 out of 10 as well
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Bullet Train

8/10

I watched it last week and enjoyed it too. Not sure why they cast Brian Tyree Henry as a cockney but he did a pretty good job considering.

8 out of 10 as well
    I thought Aaron Taylor Johnson who played Tangerine was great.
  • Options
    Champions. Funny and heartwarming, with some awesome comedy timing from some of the kids. I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Champions. Funny and heartwarming, with some awesome comedy timing from some of the kids. I really enjoyed it.
    I really enjoyed it - some good acting.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Went to see Air, more the story of how  Michael Jordan got involved with Nike, more from the Nike side, had Matt Damon & Ben Affleck in it.

MJ’s  earning 400 million a year as he gets a percentage of each pair sold, unbelievable Geoff, 4 billion quids worth sold a year of Jordan stuff!
  • Options
    Went to see Air, more the story of how  Michael Jordan got involved with Nike, more from the Nike side, had Matt Damon & Ben Affleck in it.

MJ’s  earning 400 million a year as he gets a percentage of each pair sold, unbelievable Geoff, 4 billion quids worth sold a year of Jordan stuff!
    Nike Jordan make the PSG kit don't they? imagine telling MJ at the time he'd be getting a % of French football kits being sold in the 2020's 
  • Options
    John Wick 4 is TOO long, glad he died at the end.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Just watched Tetris which has been released today by AppleTV

Taron Egerton really is just meant to play in biographic films isnt he!!

(Eddie the Eagle | Elton John | Jimmy Keene | Henk Rogers)

Great fun to watch, is all about the rights to Tetris what with it being made in the Soviet Union - You'll watch it thinking that it couldnt be real, and its typically been made into a load of fiction for Hollywood... Well I think part of it is, especially the bits surrounding the KGB, but the parts involving Nintento | Maxwell etc. all appear to be true.

I watched this on YouTube prior to seeing the film, accidentally, which is the real story behind the Tetris Rights... Give it a viewing once you've seen the film

Well worth a watch... 7/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fQtxKmgJC8