Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boro- Is Strachan mad?

Comments

• Options
    He confirmed his insanity when he signed Willo Flood and Chris Killen despite never really picking them when he was Celtic manager.
  • Options
    Experienced cheap cover - end of.
  • Options
    Well he renewed Marcus Bent's loan spell so i'd say yes.
  • Options
    Boro are in danger of following us, a mid table finish in their first season back in the Champ. When they lose parachute payments as well as players like Adam Johnson it would not surprise me to see them struggle even more.
  • Options
    strachan will get sacked by end of the season! Steve Gibson was always my 2nd fave chairman as he always stayed loyal to the managers he employed. that has changed now as i think it was mad to sack southgate when they were 2nd in the league. They need a Curbishley type figure in there to steady the ship before it sinks.
  • Options
    They seem to be going backwards, maybe they should try and get Lennie..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]strachan will get sacked by end of the season! Steve Gibson was always my 2nd fave chairman as he always stayed loyal to the managers he employed. that has changed now as i think it was mad to sack southgate when they were 2nd in the league.

I disagree with this, i read an interview with Gibson where he said it was the hardest decision he'd made, and that even though at the time he sacked Southgate they'd just gone into 2nd, he'd made his mind up a couple of days earlier after they'd lost a 3rd consecutive home game (including one 5-0). He said he asked himself if Boro were playing the football he wanted them to play and could he see Southgate taking them back up, the answers to both questions were no, so he had sack him.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]strachan will get sacked by end of the season! Steve Gibson was always my 2nd fave chairman as he always stayed loyal to the managers he employed. that has changed now as i think it was mad to sack southgate when they were 2nd in the league.[/quote]

I disagree with this, i read an interview with Gibson where he said it was the hardest decision he'd made, and that even though at the time he sacked Southgate they'd just gone into 2nd, he'd made his mind up a couple of days earlier after they'd lost a 3rd consecutive home game (including one 5-0). He said he asked himself if Boro were playing the football he wanted them to play and could he see Southgate taking them back up, the answers to both questions were no, so he had sack him.[/quote]

The problem with that is that Southgate reared a lot of the Boro squad from the youth system and the players were apparently gutted when he got the sack and morale went right down the pan because they were really positioned pretty well.

Appointing a "name" manager like Strachan made it even worse in some ways because the younger players realised Wee Gordon was going to bring in his own players and leave them in the cold - which is exactly what has happened.

Strachan has never even managed successfully in the CCC so why Gibson picked him ahead of more experienced candidates is a mystery.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Boro are in danger of following us, a mid table finish in their first season back in the Champ.[/quote]

I already think thats going to happen, the quality sides in the Championship like Newcastle, West Brom and Forest are all constantly consistent, I think Boro would have to be very lucky to get into the play-offs.
  • Options
    He may not be mad but he is extremley rude, ignorant and disrespectful.
    Anyone hear his interview on 5Live at the weekend? The bloke is a clot and clearly not as good a manager as he and stary eyed chairman thinks he is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Strachan has never even managed successfully in the CCC so why Gibson picked him ahead of more experienced candidates is a mystery.
    Yet another classic case of a chairman suddenly thinking he knows it all...
  • Options
    Strachan has built his reputation on quirky aggressive media interviews and a cup final. Can't stand him.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Southgate should never have been sacked as early as he was. I thought Strachan would have done a good job, did good jobs at Celtic and for the most part at Coventr but him trying to turn 'Boro into the Celtic B team was a bit daft and lazy on his behalf.
  • Options
    I think even Les Read could "do well" at Celtic!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The man deserves to be shot for wasting so much money on players with no pace who are indirect and threaten no one. Paceless midgets in the front 6 get you relegated in the champ; indeed paceless normal sized players do a la us and Man City.

Strachan who's arrogance is legendary, and loves to belittle others outside his bum-fuck ex-pro mates, has proved himself to be utterly clueless and inept in the champ. To assemble a team in the champ ain't that hard. Jackett has a far better team on a much lower budget. Strachan's successes are clearly being placed in the 'built on other's platforms'.
  • Options
    Thats slightly pushing it Chirpy! Walter Smith would chew him up and spit him out before breakfast. I sympathize with Strach and all managers/coaches that have to sit and be interviewed by complete know-nothings whos rubbish is printed/broadcast in the media and lapped up by people who know as little as they do and then call for their jobs.I like the way he gets stuck in to them and I suspect one or two others like what he does.I was horrified that tabloid sports reporters are trained!!! This isnt restricted to football,that arsehole that thought he was smart having a pop at Tiger Woods at the Ryder Cup Press Conference O.K Tigers had a few problems but his name will be remembered for ever for his golfing and shagging,something that non entity will never be.Rugby; you see that clueless woman on the BBC collaring 6 Nations coaches and asking the most stupid questions,the coaches stand in complete disbelief.
    I thought about this then thought what if Id been at work all day done my best and it had gone belly up through circumstances not entirely under my control and I get back to my depot and some half wit sticks a microphone under my nose and start asking stupid questions? I know what I would tell him to do!!!
  • Options
    Tony Mowbray will be in charge at Boro before to long
  • Options
    One thing I will agree with is what you're saying richie8. Football journalists are of a shockingly low standard in this country. Sure most trades are full of no-marks but there have been so few great Football journalists in this country you'd struggle to name a handfull. David Conn is remarkable in the Guardian, but his forensic analysis is more business driven something most morons in the press clearly have no inkling....... "Where has all the money gone at Portsmouth/Liverpool?...... How is the debt so big when they've sold X millions of players?..... They need to spend 10's of millions on new players to compete." Jesus are they stupid. If a club loses money and then spends more money on astronomical wages, their defecit will be bigger than any transfer income; let alone the taxes/signing on fees/previous transfer buying fee they've not paid off all being debt, debt and more debt.

Back to the point in question, whilst ITV have the usual atrocious band of ex-pros-in-tow they do have Gabriel Clarke and Ned Boulting who are two excellent journos. Both are able with a little time to ask pertinent and incisive questions. The beeb are atrocious with this, and only getting worse. Having said that Strachan's puerile, nasty little responses are quite despicable. Doesn't do it often to ex-pros-in-tow, when they're talking banalities on MOTD2.
  • Options
    Been given the boot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As a Saints fan it comes to a surprise at how bad he has done at Boro.

He was fantastic here and never had big money to splash like he does at the moment.

It looks certain that he will be sacked, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Pardew/Mowbray appointed.
  • Options
    i think he's already gone, mowbray fav
  • Options
    can't see anywhere that he has been given the boot.
  • Options
    Gone

Doesn't say whether he walked or was sacked
  • Options
    just made the BBC has been on Twitter between journos for a couple of hours
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]can't see anywhere that he has been given the boot.

Sky Sports

The Northern Echo

Telegraph
  • Options
    Before anyone suggests it: Strachan - no thanks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]Before anyone suggests it: Strachan - no thanks.

2nded
  • Options
    Is Strachan mad...?

I bet he fecking furious...