Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Signed shirt before leaving for Aus - Chances?

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
How do all. Haven't posted for a while but wanted some advice. As some of you know I'm off to Aus shortly and before I go I wanted to get my Charlton shirt signed by the current squad so I can frame it and put it up in my new home in Aus land. I'm going to contact the club about it and was going to mention that in return I'd make a contribution to the club Valley Gold scheme. I'm not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination but this is v.important to me. What do people therefore think would be a reasonable offer to make? Does anyone know who is best to contact at the club about doing this sort of thing or am I likely to be told to sod off. Advice please. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Can look into it if you email me - rick.everitt@cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    Buy a shirt and wait outside the players entrance after the game...the players seem more than willing to sign these days, dont forget to ask them to put there number next to the signature as its usually impossible to tell who the player was later..... Good luck in Oz and dont forget to look us up @ Addicksdownunder.....we had a meet in Sydney on the 28th....managed to get ten of us in the away section supporting Adelaide Utd....Meetings already being planned for Melbourne and Perth during 2010
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]How do all. Haven't posted for a while but wanted some advice. As some of you know I'm off to Aus shortly and before I go I wanted to get my Charlton shirt signed by the current squad so I can frame it and put it up in my new home in Aus land. I'm going to contact the club about it and was going to mention that in return I'd make a contribution to the club Valley Gold scheme. I'm not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination but this is v.important to me. What do people therefore think would be a reasonable offer to make? Does anyone know who is best to contact at the club about doing this sort of thing or am I likely to be told to sod off. Advice please. Thanks.

I have two!! but different years and both framed otherwise i'd help somewhow, best of luck mate!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Buy a shirt and wait outside the players entrance after the game...the players seem more than willing to sign these days, dont forget to ask them to put there number next to the signature as its usually impossible to tell who the player was later..... Good luck in Oz and dont forget to look us up @ Addicksdownunder.....we had a meet in Sydney on the 28th....managed to get ten of us in the away section supporting Adelaide Utd....Meetings already being planned for Melbourne and Perth during 2010

Thanks to Suzi and Ben for providing some contacts at the club. Failing that I'll wait by the players entrance after the games. I'm emigrating in April of this year. It's taken a while to get the visa sorted but I'm definitely off now. Will be landing in Perth so when are you going to be there in 2010?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
  • Options
    ok cheers mate
  • Options
    When whispers go wrong. Ooops!
  • Options
    Don't forget when you get here, log on to

addicksdownunder.freeforums.org

Peter
  • Options
    Look us up when you get to Perth mate,

Currently living in the Northern suburbs here, and always up for a beer or ten!

All the best

Ian
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    as tel in oz said wait outside and get it done - much more satifying that way
  • Options
    Sounds pretty thorough to me.

I'd just pop over if it's not too far.

Another excuse to see the training ground.

No probs with Mutual acquaintance at all

Give me an update on Friday, pls.

ben
  • Options
    "whispers" ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]"whispers" ?

Indeed. Sorry about that. Ben must try harder eh! ;-p
  • Options
    Hi all,

This rumbled on for a while but I've got my grubby little hands on a shirt that has been signed by all the squad, management and coaching team. I collected the shirt this morning from the training ground and it was presented to me by Sam Sodje!!! :-) He happened to be in reception at the time and handed it over. Bonus!!! On the way out of reception I bumbed into Kins. It's really made my year, yes I am easily pleased ;-), so thank you so much to all the people that have helped me out. Steve Waggott and Richard Willgoss at the Valley, Chris Parkes at the training ground and all the lifers that offered me advice and help. Particular mention to Suzi and Ben for their patience in helping me get this sorted. I'm eternally grateful. A beer or four if and when we ever meet is yours. Just let me know where!!!!

I'm not too sure how many other clubs would have taken the time in getting something like this together, especially as I'm just a normal fan. I think this is what makes our club so special. Fans and staff seem to always pull together.

Anyway it's good to shout about the good things. COYR's! Looking forward to a stonking win tomorrow and my 1st year wedding anniversary.

Cheers all,

Rich
  • Options
    Cheers Rich,

Just glad to have been of help.

Enjoy Aus
  • Options
    Cheers Rich...see you next time we get over to Perth....probably early next year....we are moving back to Sydney ourselves in December.