Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walsall fan here..

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
Hello, Walsall fan here in peace.

Firstly i would like to appologise on behalf of Walsall fans. What our club did is a disgrace, us fans know this.

Secondly i would like to say that why our match and us vs Norwich called off are two different things. Our match was called off due to one corner been frozen, the Norwich match was on until there gaffa turned up.

At 9.30am the match was on, at 11am the match was on, at 1pm the match was on and the Walsall players were arriving. But at 2.05pm the match was off. This is because Lambert said the pitch was unsafe and put the officials under preasure. Because Norwich is a big club in this league and Walsall are just an average club, the ref gave in, calling the game off. Norwich fans cant get it into their heads that the match was on until Lambert turned up. I would like to think your gaffa isnt like that.

I see our game has been re-arranged again, to a date that the game will hopefully be played.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and please finish above Norwich, do us all a favour. Be nice to see a few of you at the Banks's.

Comments

• Options
    I'll be there mate. Handily got that week off
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Does anyone know why exactly Lambert wanted it called off? Did Norwich have injuries or suspensions?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Does anyone know why exactly Lambert wanted it called off? Did Norwich have injuries or suspensions?

Or he thought the pitch was unsafe?
  • Options
    wasnt it because they had 3 games in 6 or 7 days?
  • Options
    Although Norwich have gone above us I reckon this mini break might work out quite well for us. We were down to the bare bones and key players like Dailly and Burton will be rested and ready to go again this Saturday (hopefully).
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Although Norwich have gone above us I reckon this mini break might work out quite well for us. We were down to the bare bones and key players like Dailly and Burton will be rested and ready to go again this Saturday (hopefully).

But Sodje might as well book himself a holiday, his suspension will still be going next month at this rate.
  • Options
    Yeah the Sodje thing is the fly in the ointment - it's a relavtively easy lloking run of fixtures so a good time (if such a thing exists) to be without Sodje. haven't checked the fixture list but is he know going to be suspended for some of the more challenging games around the corner?

Otherwise I agree that it's doing us a favour, resting a few tired legs, just as long as they don't lose match sharpness as a result.

I'll be there at Walsall, quite looking forward to it and I'm actually quite please it's moved to mid-week, suits me fine as long as the M5/M6 junction doesn't go into one of it's regular meltdowns. As a midland based Addick, I generally don;t have a lot of time for the Midlands clubs as most of their fans are arseholes (Baggies expected and some Villa fans are okay), but I have a bit of a soft spot for Walsall, particularly since Kins went there.
  • Options
    I am debating whether or not go cos if you guys are just gunna call it of when i get Past Brimingham then i might not bother. But i dont want to have to think like that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I am debating whether or not go cos if you guys are just gunna call it of when i get Past Brimingham then i might not bother. But i dont want to have to think like that.

What on earth ?
  • Options
    makes me laugh how every away fan says i come in peace ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No it wasnt because the pitch was un-safe. The ref said it was unplayable. We dont know exactly why. Some fans say its because injuries, others say its because of there fixture build up.

But one thing we do know, Norwich didnt get there kit bag off the coach.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: walsall-fan[/cite]No it wasnt because the pitch was un-safe.

[cite]Posted By: walsall-fan[/cite]The ref said it was unplayable.

Ummm?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]makes me laugh how every away fan says i come in peace ;-)

Yea true well noticed.