Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ian Dowie

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
What an ugly, horrible mug, Im almost happy that he has been out "manager" just becasue it means he can never ever be our manager again.......

total f*9K

sorry just had to get that off my chest...

Comments

• ...been linked to the Hull job, sure he'd keep them up! (er not)
  • Well, he did help keep Newcastle up assisting Alan Shearer didn't he?
  • yes I believe so..
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]...been linked to the Hull job, sure he'd keep them up! (er not)

I just read this Raz on the BBC site, it amazes me, I am sure one of the things you need to become a chairman of a football club is to have your brain removed and all common sense sucked out of you.

Who in thier right mind would employ Dowie as a manager again??? The Hull fans have already started a "No" to Megson campaign as well.
  • I've always thought Megson has been a bit harshly treated - has done well where he's been!
  • Megson will keep em up
  • [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]
    I just read this Raz on the BBC site, it amazes me, I am sure one of the things you need to become a chairman of a football club is to have your brain removed and all common sense sucked out of you.

Just think this is the same guy who willingly appointed Parkinson as manager too. What a nutcase :p
  • [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite] I am sure one of the things you need to become a chairman of a football club is to have your brain removed and all common sense sucked out of you.
    Is that what these "fit and proper persons tests" are all about?
  • The only thing dowie will keep up will be the jnr hull fans when they nightmares when the see him close up.
  • so he might not even get the mighty 12 games he got given by us at hull..... 4/7 favourite to be their manager ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone that hires Donkey Dowie as their manager deserves everything they get....
  • Us included in that?
  • [cite]Posted By: GRAY9[/cite]I've always thought Megson has been a bit harshly treated - has done well where he's been!
    Harshly treated by Bolton, but any manager that turns on the fans will never be loved. He also spent a lot of money on a lot of rubbish there, but overall you have to say he wasn't treated well there.

However, you can't say he's done well wherever he's been. He's been binned by a string of clubs.
  • Megson is an advert for Mr Average but has done well at his clubs and will give Hull a fighting chance, he will also be very boring and play rubbish football.

Dowie, I'll give it 15 games!
  • i still blame pardew more than dowie over the mess we are in!
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Us included in that?
    Unfortunately, yes...
  • Was Dowie not a good manager for Charlton then? (ducks for cover)
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Was Dowie not a good manager for Charlton then? (ducks for cover)

well apparently 12 league games is long enough to tell that he wasn't good enough(man utd arsenal and chelsea were 3 of them) and yep 8 points from 12 games isn't great but he did also take us the furthest we've ever got in the league cup...
    parky's first 12 league games produced 6 points
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Was Dowie not a good manager for Charlton then? (ducks for cover)
    There's a thread about wind up merchants like you...
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Was Dowie not a good manager for Charlton then? (ducks for cover)

Why is that a wind up? I had no interest in Charlton when Dowie was manger so i'm asking what he was like
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Was Dowie not a good manager for Charlton then? (ducks for cover)

Why is that a wind up? I had no interest in Charlton when Dowie was manger so i'm asking what he was like

Begins with an S and ends in a t.

to put it nicely. he spunked all our money up the wall on a pile of crap and then left.. ;-)

£2m each for Traore and Faye on the same day says it all really.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]

£2m each for Traore and Faye on the same day says it all really.

I dont really know those players but christ he was lucky to be able to waste £4m in one day, something i feel wont happen for a while........See red its a debate not a wind up. I'm finding things out i never knew.
  • Don't ask us why he was sacked, as we haven't been told yet...
  • [cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]Don't ask us why he was sacked, as we haven't been told yet...

exactly !!

In that case, he was really quite good (ducks for cover)...
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I dont really know those players but christ he was lucky to be able to waste £4m in one day, something i feel wont happen for a while........See red its a debate not a wind up. I'm finding things out i never knew.
    Well you can see why he thought they'd be good, Djimi Traore a Champions League winner at Liverpool, should in theory do well as a regular at a smaller club. Was just far too clumsy, would defend well then the next minute give the ball straight to the opposition.

Amdy Faye did well at Portsmouth but struggled at Newcastle. Should have been a big powerful defensive midfielder, but he makes Semedo look like a technical player, dreadful on the ball. He was poor but lost confidence and was the type of player who would never have got it back with us.

He spent about £12/13m in total I think, with Scott Carson on loan and Andy Reid the only signings that did at the very least a decent job for us.

As boggzy said, we still don't know why he was sacked, wasn't just for results as it was only 12 games.
  • didn't we get back all the money back that dowie spunked?
  • near enough yeah...pardew spunked it on varney, gray, todorov, weaver, sinclair, dorian smith, monteiro etc
  • edited March 2010
    What's more embarrassing, £4m on Traore and Faye, or nearly £4m on Gray, Varney and McLeod?

We were somehow lucky enough to get £1m back each for Traore and Varney.