Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boiler questione (HELP)

edited December 2009 in Not Sports Related
I have a Potterton Suprima 50 its around 10 years old.......

it doesnt seen to light ...... all I get is a flashing red light :-(

I press the button to turn it on again and it only stays on for a few minutes

Is there a quick fix for this? as we have people staying over in my very cold house tonight :-)

Many Thanks

Mark

Comments

• Options
    Check if the pump is running, also check the presure on the presure gauge if you got one.
  • Options
    You could find out how this person solved a problem with a Potterton Suprima 50. Or this person.

Or look at the brochure and user guide.

Or nip out now to your nearest Edinburgh Woollen Mill and stock up on jumpers!

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Sit around your laptop.
  • Options
    thats what I think we will have to do as I cant see a quick fix :-(
  • Options
    whats the pressure like? bleed radiators and run the water at same time
  • Options
    Our old Potterton had a pilot light that was forever going out, I take it they don't have them anymore?
  • Options
    my boiler has packed up this afternoon and I'm bloody freezing!!, it's less than 2 yrs old but the emergency British Gas bloke said it was the 5th one exactly the same he'd been called to today...the plastic pipe to the flu is frozen and all I can do is wait till it thaw's out before it works again, hence it just dies after about 30 seconds every time I turn it on.....

not happy (and cold !)
  • Options
    Mark
    Same model and same problem
    It is most probably the printed circuit board.
    You can buy them on ebay cheaply and they take 20 mins to fit.
    Alternatively you can wait for the emergency repair service from your insurer and still be waiting, as I am, 2 weeks later.
    2 bloody weeks!!!
    Had to move out.
    Hope this helps, Mark
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]Mark
    Same model and same problem
    It is most probably the printed circuit board.
    You can buy them on ebay cheaply and they take 20 mins to fit.
    Alternatively you can wait for the emergency repair service from your insurer and still be waiting, as I am, 2 weeks later.
    2 bloody weeks!!!
    Had to move out.
    Hope this helps, Mark[/quote]

Is this it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POTTERTON-SUPRIMA-30-100-PCB-CIRCUIT-BOARD_W0QQitemZ150403567742QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Home_Garden_Hearing_Cooling_Air?hash=item2304c0507e