Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joey Barton

Comments

• Options
    Isn't that allowed then?
  • Options
    edited November 2016

After being signed off with stress earlier today.
  • Options

Afte being signed off with stress earlier today.
    I thought he was only allowed back in to training yesterday!?
  • Options
    ...and what we think if we signed him. Could get us promoted, but at what cost?
  • Options
    What is he doing in that photo?

Surely he isn't having a dump with his thumb up like that?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

None!
    FFS 3:1 we make play offs and 9:1 promotion :blush:
  • Options

Redrobo said:

None!
    FFS 3:1 we make play offs and 9:1 promotion :blush:
    Ha, would agree. He is just the type of player we need to drive the whole team forward and give them the winning attitude. I would have him in a heart beat, but I think we would be in a minority in wanting him here.

Or are we?

Would player manager be a step to far? Would Roly have the bollacks for it?

• Options
    Signed off with stress! Seriously?! He's having a fucking laugh surely?

Getting paid about 20k a week to sit on your arse for the past few weeks, then comes back to kick a ball with the youth team for a few hours, and he's stressed. Tough life Joey. Now he'll get a pay off to sit on his arse again for a few weeks before probably signing for a decent championship side in January.
  • Options
    A pathetic waste of ability.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. Trouble everywhere he's been. Looks a busted flush as a player too from what I saw if him at our place in May and what rangers fans have been saying about him. Don't forget the SPL is about the standard of our league 1 IMHO and he just hasn't cut it.
  • Options
    He's still a better player than the best of Crofts, Foley and Jackson combined. Alongside Ulvestad, he'd dramatically improve Charlton's midfield. Don't suppose Brussels Slade has the bollocks to take him on. I'd be on the phone in a heartbeat if it were me. Barton's volatile but not your usual football thicko, chances are he'd suss out RS for the fathead he is all too soon. Be fun finding out tho and we need all the motivation there is to drag our sorry arses in to the valley while Roly's toxic pantomime stumbles through the motions.
  • Options
    Joey Barton , what a cock!
  • Options
    now off with 'stress' .. expect him back on Question Time or In the Psychiatrist's Chair soon then .. Auntie LOVES a poor injured lil working class scallywag ..
    BUT has been written above I'd like him in our team provided he can behave anywhere like 'normal' .. last season at Burnley he destroyed us in midfield .. admittedly not that hard to do lately .. Dyche had him in the palm of his hand
  • Options

He's still a better player than the best of Crofts, Foley and Jackson combined. Alongside Ulvestad, he'd dramatically improve Charlton's midfield. Don't suppose Brussels Slade has the bollocks to take him on. I'd be on the phone in a heartbeat if it were me. Barton's volatile but not your usual football thicko, chances are he'd suss out RS for the fathead he is all too soon. Be fun finding out tho and we need all the motivation there is to drag our sorry arses in to the valley while Roly's toxic pantomime stumbles through the motions.

Based on last season for Burnley I would agree but I watch quite a lot of Rangers matches (and was at the Motherwell home game where he was genuinely terrible) and he really doesn't look with it. I'm not sure if something's happened over the summer that's turned him from one of the best players in the Championship to a player that didn't look capable at an inferior league. Plus his wages are massive.
  • Options
    Contract cancelled by Rangers.
  • Options
    Barton's very much a ''football thicko'', just a thicko with a slightly better vocabulary than most and a knack of spotting a trend before it's widespread. He might ''suss out'' RS pretty quickly but would quite probably have assaulted one team mate and alienated the rest even quicker.

Talent (squandered talent at that) does not excuse being an utter total arsehole of a human being.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's on League of Their Own this week, just starting on Sky One.
  • Options
    He will turn up in the championship before the month is out.
  • Options
    He'd improve our midfield substantially, he's also as others have pointed out. A bit of a gobshite.

He also has spoken out against the revolting regime we are under. Good luck to him
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Leeds
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I don't think he can sign anywhere until Jan (according to 909 yesterday) - my money would be on a return to Burnley as Dyche seemed to know how to get the best out of him.
  • Options
    Steve Maclaren offering him opportunity to train at Derby with a view to signing permanently according to BBC.
  • Options
    Shame he left.. Perfect match
  • Options
    There is no way he would go Charlton.

I don't think SMT would particularly want it either.

If I had the personal choice to bring Barton in or not?

100% yes.

It can't get any worse. He couldn't possibly make it worse, would only make it better.
    Might crank up the volume a bit.

A potentially ridiculous ego for our dressing room and current club or our size.

If he was up for the challenge.

It would help x a million.

• Options

Shame he left.. Perfect match

Unnecessary!!