Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

snooker clubs

edited December 2009 in Not Sports Related
Thinking of joining one, ant lifers members at any. I was wondering if new world in eltham is still open and if anyone knows what its like. Played with my mate at one in welling the other day, seemed a good club with very good tables

Comments

• I usually find that a cue is better than a club.

I'll get me coat!
  • i used to belong to Belmont in North Heath & later Welling... always good for a late drink if nothing else!
  • Used to member at whirlwinds in lewisham below the sahara club went down hill after abit think closed now, then in woolwich near the waterfront was a dive, went to eltham a lot till one of the accused steven lawrence blokes was always in there didn't feel comfortbale so left. Moved to plumstead and joined the commons opposite barnehurst estate nice club it was apprently steve davis started there.. I'm looking for a decent club now too so let me know how u get on, charlton life snooker night???
  • Lifers snooker night sounds good just need a venue now! New world in eltham is nearest and walkable for me so might give it a go.
  • bromley north snooker club is blinding.... 20 odd tables upstairs, quiet, and a dummy waiter if your uo there alone, you just ring up and they send the beers up...
  • new world eltham shut about 18 months ago (then like so many other ventures) went up in flames shortly after.
    the place had been run down for ages.
    racks (formerly rileys, above macdonalds) has pool and snooker tables, but is used for a late night drink by people that are barred from the pubs, which results in a far from welcoming atmosphere.
    may be ok in the afternoons though.
  • used to be a member at swanley, but have my own table now so dont see the point in joining again although do go there now and again food is good and tables usually quiet & cheap

Ill be up for snooker night, would be a laugh i play in sevenoaks snooker league on monday nights which is always a good social
  • Cheers fellas. Sounds like eltham is out of the question now then. Maybe wellings the best shout for me.
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]racks (formerly rileys, above macdonalds) has pool and snooker tables, but is used for a late night drink by people that are barred from the pubs, which results in a far from welcoming atmosphere.
    may be ok in the afternoons though.
    Racks is shut. There's a sign on the door saying the nearest club is in Sidcup.
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]bromley north snooker club is blinding.... 20 odd tables upstairs, quiet, and a dummy waiter if your uo there alone, you just ring up and they send the beers up...
    I'm pretty sure that's shut now.

There's a good one in Petts Wood though, above Morrisons.