Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doctor Who

You go Wilfred Mott !!

Comments

• Options
    "You ain't leaving Me with 'er"
  • Options
    Hopefully the last ever of Russell T Davies - the biggest load of old tosh ever shown under the banner of 'Doctor Who'. and since when did loud 'background' music and silly SFX equate with tv quality?

Have been a big fan over the decades, but may not even bother with Part 2 of this one.
  • Options
    well that was the best one for ages I thought
  • Options
    I enjoyed it. It is a long way from the classic Dr series though.
  • Options
    Thought it was agood episode, tho' I got abit confused with all the "Time Lines",etc..........
    Also thought David Tennant was very convincing about his "Regeneration".
    Nice to see all the "old" characters.........
    Bring on Matt Smith.
  • Options
    load of old shite it aint real !!!!!!!!! never liked it a true story man me,hate termanator as well get killed come back to life get killed come back to life wot a laod of bollocks
  • Options
    it's Dr Who! Of course it's not real. : - )

Last two doctors have been great and the new story lines are so much stronger than some of the tosh from the old days.

Much better than endless running around quarry's that served as special effects with McCoy etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solaraddick[/cite]Hopefully the last ever of Russell T Davies - the biggest load of old tosh ever shown under the banner of 'Doctor Who'. and since when did loud 'background' music and silly SFX equate with tv quality?

Have been a big fan over the decades, but may not even bother with Part 2 of this one.

This was absolutely true of last week, but then this week's was actually excellent. Great interactions between the Doctor/Master and Doctor/Wilf in particular and wonderfully acted by Tennant. Normally the last episodes try to do too much, but the main conflict was kept nicely on track so as not to distract from the Doctor's death.

Russell T Davies' silly rubbish did emerge its head on that 'ALONSEE!' (sp?) moment, but the monologues and quieter face-to-face moments were very good.

So good in fact, I'm unconvinced he wrote it solo, as I've never seen him do subtlety that well before. The previous best of the specials was co-wrote (Waters of Mars) and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a few helping hands, or at least was very well edited.
  • Options
    B*llocks not real, it's a documentary.
  • Options
    Quite agree, Sussex- this week was as good IMHO as last week was bad- albeit rather too heavily orchestrated!!
    Hope Matt Smith doesn't turn out to be too manic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought it was great never a fan in the past. Will miss David Tennant
  • Options
    IT'S SHIT ALWALYS HAS BEEN ALWAYS WILL BE
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]IT'S SHIT ALWALYS HAS BEEN ALWAYS WILL BE

Sod it..........better take back that Box Set I bought you.....
  • Options
    HaHaHA
  • Options
    Found it a bit confusing mind you kept getting up to prepare food so wasn't concentrating enough. I though Tennant was excellent as he has been throughout. Interesting to watch the new doctor to see what he makes of the role.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Found it a bit confusing mind you kept getting up to prepare food so wasn't concentrating enough. I though Tennant was excellent as he has been throughout. Interesting to watch the new doctor to see what he makes of the role.

Stephen Moffat is a fantastic writer so I have every faith, Smith was his personal pick afterall
  • Options
    Waaaay too much filler in both episodes - the whole 2-parter could've been cut to 1hr 29mins without anything being lost.

Not too sure about Matt Smith at the moment - looking forward to the new assistant though ;o)
  • Options
    Best Four Doctors:
    1. Christopher Eccleston
    2. David Tennant
    3. Tom Baker
    4. John Pertwee
    (The rest are insignificant)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]load of old shite it aint real !!!!!!!!! never liked it a true story man me,hate termanator as well get killed come back to life get killed come back to life wot a laod of bollocks

Not Real ?
    Yeah, Right !
    Suppose Eastenders isn't real either......
    What d'you take me for..a spanner ?
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought it was utter garbage to be honest. Tennant's shtick has really worn thin for me. Hope the new one doesn't prance about in a skinny suit with converse on arching his eyebrow incessantly and appearing on every show in the BBC. I'll admit it's not really my type of thing but the missus likes it so I tend to see them. Thought the Mars one recently was very good - as have been most episodes that I've seen of the post-millennium Doctor, but this was so drawn out and full of stupid plot holes (e.g if nothing can get out of the time vortex how did they manage to lob a diamond across space into England - to be fair it may have been explained, my brain kept shutting down).