Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR

Paul Hart is the new manager at Loftus Road, bit of a strange decision IMO!

Comments

• Options
    Poisoned chalice if you ask me, the QPR Board's record with hiring and firing does not look good.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]Poisoned chalice if you ask me, the QPR Board's record with hiring and firing does not look good.

Paul Hart won't worry.

It's a job and no doubt a decent contract.
  • Options
    Yeah there is that, having once worked for a boss with a firing reputation, I can understand how hge may be feeling!
  • Options
    SSN says it's a short term deal until the end of the season.

Quite fitting as QPR never keep a manager for longer than 6 months.
  • Options
    QPR are the epitomy of the waste of time takeover. It seems all David Dickinson and Dudley Moore have achieved since they got to Loftus Road are Inflated ticket prices and a revolving door in the managers office. It has been rumoured that Office Angels are interviewing new temps with in preperation for the next appointment in the R's hotseat.
  • Options
    i kinda feel sorry for the fans though. They must have had high expectaions when the takeover happened. Now they are in the same place they were when it happened and as you say Pilchard all thats changed is high ticket prces and a revolving managers door. O and probly lots of corprate wankers sitting in the ground who could not care less about the club but do about prawn sandwich's and looking good in a suit on a saturday aftrnoon.
  • Options
    I agree, I have known a few R's fans and to be fair they are all nice people and as a club I wish them no ill will at all. In fact QPR are one of the few other London clubs that don't grate with me at all. In fact if QPR had a good season I would be pleased for them tbh. Unfortunately they are owned by a couple of Top Gear type blokes who own a football club just for the same reason that a chav walks around Surrey in a Chelsea shirt. In short because it is the fashion.
    I am glad in retrospect that Charlton haven't been bought out by some flash flyboy wanting to have another trinket to show off on his Yacht in Monaco or some fly by night secret middle east consortium fronted by a mysterious Mr X. With all our takeover talk I would just be happy for someone to invest enough to assist RM and the chaps and get us in a position to get in the shake up at the business end of the Championship (having hopefully gotten out of this league first of course!)
  • Options
    Nice job for Hart. As long as he manages not to nut anybody he'll pick up a nice compensation package when Silv and co. bin him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]I agree, I have known a few R's fans and to be fair they are all nice people and as a club I wish them no ill will at all. In fact QPR are one of the few other London clubs that don't grate with me at all. In fact if QPR had a good season I would be pleased for them tbh. Unfortunately they are owned by a couple of Top Gear type blokes who own a football club just for the same reason that a chav walks around Surrey in a Chelsea shirt. In short because it is the fashion.
    I am glad in retrospect that Charlton haven't been bought out by some flash flyboy wanting to have another trinket to show off on his Yacht in Monaco or some fly by night secret middle east consortium fronted by a mysterious Mr X. With all our takeover talk I would just be happy for someone to invest enough to assist RM and the chaps and get us in a position to get in the shake up at the business end of the Championship (having hopefully gotten out of this league first of course!)

Well lets be honest if you were a yacht owner, Mr X type in monaco, CAFC would not be much of a trincket to show off to the other flash types :-). However i agree 100% with what you say i have no ill feeling towards QPR atall and wish them well in the future. Had a good away day there last season even if we did loose 2-1.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    To be honest Ru, QPR are not exactly the cream of the Diamond crop either! Their West London location might appear desirable to some property investors but as a club they are not exactly dripping with history or blessed with a vast fanbase, in many respects Charlton have more going for them and are a bigger club- certainly historically speaking we are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't know exactly what it is about QPR but I just don't like them.
  • Options
    Na Pilchard your right historically we are bigger just because we are in a lower league possition does not make us a smaller club. They also have a much smaller ground than us so yea your right there not.