Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

telstar

don't know if anybody else has seen the film " telstar " the story of joe meek, pioneering record producer in the 60's. great music but tragic story, well worth a watch. anyway got it out on dvd at the weekend and enjoyed it very much but was horrified, when i found out in the extras, that tango man jordon was the bloody producer, kinda clouded my enjoyment.

Comments

• Options
    Minty invests in Slumdog, which went on to be a Box Office smash, win Oscars and be one of the most profitable films for ages/ Tango drops his b*ll*cks on a film that goes straight to DVD.

Classic!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Minty invests in Slumdog, which went on to be a Box Office smash, win Oscars and be one of the most profitable films for ages/ Tango drops his b*ll*cks on a film that goes straight to DVD.

Classic!

But to be fair, despite the investor, it is a great film
  • Options
    I'm surprised the Joe Meek story is interesting, but like Spector they were horrid little men whom I couldn't stand to spend two hours with.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]I'm surprised the Joe Meek story is interesting, but like Spector they were horrid little men whom I couldn't stand to spend two hours with.

Either you know all about Meek, in which case you know his life was "interesting" - hence your reasons for considering him a horrid little man; or you don't know about him, in which case how can you consider someone you don't know anything about, to be a horrid little man? Me no understandy...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]I'm surprised the Joe Meek story is interesting, but like Spector they were horrid little men whom I couldn't stand to spend two hours with.

Either you know all about Meek, in which case you know his life was "interesting" - hence your reasons for considering him a horrid little man; or you don't know about him, in which case how can you consider someone you don't know anything about, to be a horrid little man? Me no understandy...

Yup
  • Options
    There's a nice song by Graham Parker called 'Just Like Joe Meek's Blues'
  • Options

cleary you don't know anything. while meeks behaviour would be considered out of order, but to be sympathetic to the guy, he was clearly suffering from psychotic episodes, so can can he really be held accountable for behaviour, he probably had little control over?
  • Options
    I refuse to watch anything 'produced' by that tosser.