Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Small 'oil rigs' on the Thames

edited December 2009 in Not Sports Related
...either side of London Bridge. I hadn't been to the City for a while and just seen them. Anyone know why they are there?

Comments

• Options
    Gunships to protect the City from Brown and Darling
  • Options
    I think they are testing the supports for the bridge or something.
  • Options
    Would surely be easier to send a frogman down to give them a kick as one might when buying a used car?
  • Options
    They are there to test the bottom of the river to see if it could take a new sewage pipe as currently there are several areas where at hightide etc the sewage overflows and runs back into the river.
  • Options
    Ha, remember seeing one about midnight last night and thinking, wtf !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Would surely be easier to send a frogman down to give them a kick as one might when buying a used car?
    I've never seen a frogman kick a used car, what's all about then...?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Would surely be easier to send a frogman down to give them a kick as one might when buying a used car?
    I've never seen a frogman kick a used car, what's all about then...?

You've obviously never sold a used car to a frogman - what's up with you? :-))
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]They are there to test the bottom of the river to see if it could take a new sewage pipe as currently there are several areas where at hightide etc the sewage overflows and runs back into the river.

What's your source? Can't see it on the OS...
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    They dragged up a dead millwall fan just by the bridge and found him to have a brain cell.
    They are investigating the river bed and crap in the water in case it's some wierd mutation.
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's not taken on the River Thames ...... it's Edgely Park, Stockport earlier this week.

Thanks to the efforts of their dedicated staff draining the waterlogged ground, the pitch is now playable and the game goes ahead.
  • Options
    What's that in the background, the Edgely Eye?