Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Royal Oak

edited August 2006 in General Charlton
Seems like the new manager/ staff aren't up to the job. Will people look to go and drink somewhere else? If so where?

Comments

• Options
    will give it a go next wednesday and a saturday,and then have a rethink after that!

I propose curb_its front room
  • Options
    NO!!! You can take the clique out of the RC but never the RC out of the clique
  • Options
    Bugle always a winner, good service and they do carling cold!! nice
  • Options
    same as Suzi, give it a try then see what happens.

they would be bad to let the trade drop, it must make 95% of its annual turnover.
  • Options
    The one known as 1905 on rivals will be going to the Oak on Wednesday and then on Saturday fancy doing the one on the Thames.
  • Options
    yeah, be good to get one in there before the weather turns pants

gonna call up about a big breakie 9am start?
  • Options
    Ahhhh the breakie................
  • Options
    I have always been a Floyd's/Bartrams man, but will be joining 04_MCS at the Bugle starting Wednesday Night.
  • Options
    Yeah Bugle Clique man!!
  • Options
    we used to drink in there every week for the big screen out the back, but there is something grotty about it, that big room round the back with the manky sofas which is basically a junk room, the wonky floor with no warning that catches everyone out, the mens urinals with no door to it so you can see far more than you would like to, and then there is that dirty matress leaning up against the wall...

i must say, if the oak is really bad and the weather is nice, i will be taking my bottle of "water" to the garden in the oak (which has been done up superbly) and supping it there away from the crowded bar
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its a bit nicer in there ow sooz, there are no sofa's or matresses or old ice cream machines. The floor i grant you, but its funny seeing people come a cropper!!
  • Options
    and is there a door on the mens urinals coming from the old bit to the new bit?

to be honest, they did kinda put us off when the landlord who we used to get on with quite well threw a strop when we were in there campaigning for the supporters director. he was a bit arsey with no need to be. isn't it season ticket holders only too?

i often have friends with me, from the opposition or day ticket holders that have been turned away, think thats a bit ott to be honest. why would they start a fight when with their mates? can understand whole groups of away people if they're really going to be picky
  • Options
    But there not urinals,they are the old ladies bogs, so they are proper traps like, with doors!

I never had that problem due to the fact i been drinking in there for nearly 8 years!! SO if i bring any oppo fans in with me i say there with me and its ok.

I can see why you wouldn't wanna go in there then if Lee was arsey with ya!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: 04_MCS[/cite]SO if i bring any oppo fans in with me i say there with me and its ok.[quote]

You sound like the Don! ;-)

PS Can we do smileys on here?
  • Options
    A don, a ginger don! lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite] PS Can we do smileys on here?

Errr, it is possible, by I personally tend to not like them. If enough people want them tho, we can sort it.
  • Options
    thanks for sending me the link to this site dan...im not even in the 'clique' but dont take it away before i've had a chance !!

dan
  • Options
    No smilies please. Would keep Carlingaddick away!!
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]PS Can we do smileys on here?

Errr, it is possible, by I personally tend to not like them. If enough people want them tho, we can sort it.

Not that fussed mate to be honest, just inquiring like!

Pleasure Dan. Welcome to the family!
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]the mens urinals with no door to it so you can see far more than you would like to, and then there is that dirty matress leaning up against the wall...

I got stuck in that toilet a few years back..... an un-named no-necker from Bury decided it would be funny to push the matress over the door while I was in there...... Think the last laugh was on him though, imagine the number of unwashed that would of slept on, and probably done other 'things', on that matress.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    y dont none of you drink in the horse&groom in my opinion theres a much better atmosphere!! it does take a while to get served there though!
  • Options
    so what's wrong with the royal oak now? not been in there in years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE9 ADDICK[/cite]y dont none of you drink in the horse&groom in my opinion theres a much better atmosphere!! it does take a while to get served there though!

Your last sentence is the reason I dont drink in there. Mind you be interesting to see how the new staff get on in the Oak tonight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Foreverred[/cite]No smilies please. Would keep Carlingaddick away!!

oi!!!!

u nicked my CAFC badge as well???
  • Options
    Obviously it didn't keep you away :-)

I stole the badge from Charlton Athletic - not you.

Are you going tonight? Oak?
  • Options
    im waiting to hear if i have a ticket available from someone.. so will be in the oak if i get the ticket!!
  • Options
    Lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Royal Oak is a nice Boozer,Right near the ground proper old school.......Old Skool Charlton.......Love it..
  • Options
    Not as nice as it used to be, unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I used to go to the Oak on a matchday, whenever I was up.
    Used to love summer/spring before the game, sitting in the garden in the sun with a real ale.

But one by one, people I knew started drinking elsewhere.

I'd love to see it become a decent boozer again.
    Too many traditional pubs are being lost.