Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good Bar or pub Near Haymarket

DA9DA9
edited December 2009 in Not Sports Related
Booked into Tiger Tiger this Saturday night for a late birthday drink with er indoors and some of her pals, got a booth booked for 10pm onwards, anyone got any tips for a decent bar/pub beforehand nearby to liven the group up first?

Bit of music, maybe some food etc.

Cheers as always you dependable fountains' of knowledge.

Comments

• Options
    Sports Cafe, Haymarket if you can get away with... http://www.thesportscafe.com/brand.aspx
  • Options
    For a normal pub try the Captain's Cabin
  • Options
    Used to work on the haymarket, I would opt for pre drinks in leicester square either the witherspoons or piano bar, failing that there's my old fav waxys little sister bottom of wardour street, depends what ure after e. If u want class then they so some wicked coctails in the haymarket hotel bar, bit pricey but worth it, personally would hit dean street wardour street leicester square first.
  • Options
    Tiger Tiger on a saturday night??!!!..eurgh, all the best.

If you walk down Jermyn Street opposite Tiger Tiger (theres a Tesco on the corner) about 100 yards down on the left is Walkers. There are a couple of nice little pubs down that way.
  • Options
    I like The Imperial at Leicester Square, decent looking pub, good ales, regular folks despite proximity to touristland
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Sports Cafe, Haymarket if you can get away with...http://www.thesportscafe.com/brand.aspx

That was my first thought but she shouldn't wear it unfortunately
  • Options
    Weatherspoons in Leicester Square is probably your best (and cheapest) bet then!
  • Options
    im going to Tiger Tiger for a works do on the 18th. I believe they do happy hour from 5-7pm where all the drinks are half price so i would prob just stay in there and take advantage of the half price drinks.
  • Options
    Correction - its 5-8pm for half price drinks :)
  • Options
    if u go down panton st thee's a couple of decent boozers down there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: davy[/cite]im going to Tiger Tiger for a works do on the 18th. I believe they do happy hour from 5-7pm where all the drinks are half price so i would prob just stay in there and take advantage of the half price drinks.

So am I !
  • Options
    Are you going there for a works do Covered End? We have reserved a section and we should be there from 6pm. I don't wanna get to bladdared as i wanna be able to enjoy the Millwall game the next day without a pounding headache!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: davy[/cite]Are you going there for a works do Covered End? We have reserved a section and we should be there from 6pm. I don't wanna get to bladdared as i wanna be able to enjoy the Millwall game the next day without a pounding headache!

Yes ditto, but will be anyway. Went there two years ago & someone tipped a considerable amount of JD (xmas present bottle) into a mates JD and Coke and he was so p*ssed he kept bumping into people on the dancefloor and got thrown out before he was beaten up. Good night though :-)
  • Options
    I always like the RAC Club when I'm down that way.
  • Options
    The Tom Cribb, proper boozer, good Kent Ale and the pub is dedicated to dear old Tom who has strong connections to SE London.
    Right up your Strasse DA9 I'd say.

You got your tickets yet for 21st Feb?
  • Options
    Hey mate

Try Old Compton Street, it will be just up your street!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]The Tom Cribb, proper boozer, good Kent Ale and the pub is dedicated to dear old Tom who has strong connections to SE London.
    Right up your Strasse DA9 I'd say.

You got your tickets yet for 21st Feb?

No fella, giving it a miss this time, seen it a couple of times already, and I have heard that Ronnie Tutt wont be drumming, so saving me money.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: FTP[/cite]Hey mate

Try Old Compton Street, it will be just up your street!

LOL....do one :-)
  • Options
    I'm sure if you put your jumpsuit on you would not even have to buy a drink