Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oven Problems.....

edited December 2009 in Not Sports Related
Advice please....I am not very good with these sort of problems.

Anyway, our NEFF oven has packed up. The fan and light still come on but the oven won't heat up. The grill is still working as is the hob.

I've taken the back panel off and I'm 100% certain the heating element has gone.

Anyone know anywhere in the SE London area where I will be able to buy a replacement on a Sunday?.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    Our old NEFF got through elements with alarming regularity, so I make your diagnosis right. Replacements are cheap though.

Cant suggest a shop as dont live there, but it shouldnt be too hard to find somehwere.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]Our old NEFF got through elements with alarming regularity, so I make your diagnosis right. Replacements are cheap though.

Cant suggest a shop as dont live there, but it shouldnt be too hard to find somehwere.[/quote]

Funnily enough this one has lasted over 5 years.
  • Options
    Hi Clem.
    Had the same problem a couple of years back, and as Idle Hans says Neff do get through elements at an alarming rate, if you use non patent, generic parts....... see ebay.
    There are lots of guys claiming to be Neff approved in the local papwers , but they are NOT, especially the guy in Swingate Lane Plumstead.....
    We had 3 go in three years. until I rang up neff themselves who sent there own people and it lasted for several years....... and gave me a refund against the original, which was decent of them.
    They were not happy by the 'agent' .. he must have been a 'secret agent' as they had not heard of him, or his company, and his wiring/connection was 'dangerous'
    With a family and a wife who cooks, ( a rarity these days, I do not count microwave as cooking) Being 'conned' by a bodger was not my idea of fun

If you require further help, or related to your on-line shopping, please contact our Replacement Spare Parts and Accessories Department.
    Tel: 0844 892 8921
    Fax: 0845 127 2181
    e-mail: mks-spares@bshg.com
    Opening hours:
    Lines in the UK are open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday 8am to 4pm and Sunday 9am to 3pm.

Not cheap, but you pays your money....... etc.

Bought a new oven and hob last year and has been faultless, so for a medium priced oven it has not broken, rattled or bits fallen off, that counts as excellent workmanship......I am told these days!
  • Options
    Just replace my element and it took around 30 mins. Element was about 40 quid. This link will help if you are going to have ago yourself....................................http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/articles/replacing-faulty-oven-fan.htm
  • Options
    Shouldn't this be listed in the takeover thread
  • Options
    Grrr......this has really annoyed me. Havent changed the element yet. Went to use the grill tonight, was working yesterday, switched it on and bang! It tripped the cooker fuse on the consumer unit. Thought ok, try again. Switch the fuse back on.....whole oven now dead! The oven is fitted and wired up to a switch on the wall, this still lights up so it can't be the consumer unit fuse.

Any electricians out there Know what could have happened? Need this fixed quickly as we have sold and are due to move out a week on Friday!
  • Options
    try 07979042048, i had an electricians number in my phone from a previous rewire