Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bullard

Done his other knee now. Poor sod - always liked him, think he's a cracking player, a real character and always found his 'antics' amusing. Hoping for him it's not as bad as the other one was, or it will ruin him.

Comments

• Yea it could mean relegation for Hull too. They've picked up since he came back.

Someone said he supports Charlton - or did I just make that up?
  • Was certainly a target of ours once, think when he was at Posh
  • Comes from Greenwich I believe.
  • gutted i think jimmy bullard is the nuts just how i would play the game intense but with a smile

get well soon jimmy lad
  • the best personality in English football at the moment, such a shame.

He went Beths, for those not aware.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]the best personality in English football at the moment, such a shame.

was on crystal meths, for those not aware.

really
  • Comes from erith and he has just got the one bell in crayford for his parents
  • Not a fan......but wouldn't wish another injury like this on anyone.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Yea it could mean relegation for Hull too. They've picked up since he came back.

Someone said he supports Charlton - or did I just make that up?[/quote]

West Ham
  • He's from Bexleyheath, not Greenwich!
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame. I'd have had him as a possible for the England squad - (if I were manager!)
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Done his other knee now. Poor sod - always liked him, think he's a cracking player, a real character and always found his 'antics' amusing. Hoping for him it's not as bad as the other one was, or it will ruin him.

Agreed, sadly a West Ham supporter due to his Dad. Bexleyheath boy.
  • edited December 2009
    He sometimes pops down to Bexleyheath and Dartford with a few of his Hull boys to meet up with old mates for a drink or two!! Not sure Brown approves, but he probably joins them. :-)

Hope he's back in play soon, good footballer.
  • One of the two players that Alan Curbishley wanted to sign for Charlton but was considered to be too expensive at the time.Would have been a great addition to the team and pushed us on to greater things.Was not to be Charlton loss.
  • Was told he's bought a pub in Dartford..........
    Any truth anyone ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Was told he's bought a pub in Dartford..........
    Any truth anyone ?

Its Crayford, the One Bell
  • I saw him in Zens (Air and Breathe) in Dartford about 2 months ago. Lots of people bothering him all night, dealt with it really well, as you would expect
  • His mum & Dad still live down Halcot Avenue in Bexleyheath. Went my Primary School. Good Lad is Jimmy, gutted for him.
  • Rather than read the sour offerings of KP or Keane, I've gone for Jimmy's book this week - good so far, funny and it's just nice to read about someone who loved playing and realised how lucky he was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rather than read the sour offerings of KP or Keane, I've gone for Jimmy's book this week - good so far, funny and it's just nice to read about someone who loved playing and realised how lucky he was.

Read that about a month ago, plenty of lol moments to read about.
  • I love that he tea bagged Papa Bouba Diop. Not many people would dare to do that.
  • Had no idea he had book out. Will definitely download it.
  • I remember seeing one of his first games for the Fleet and thinking "Bloody hell, he won't be here long". Looked world class in comparison with those around him.

Taken from his Wiki page: Bullard retired from professional football because problems with his knees meant he was unable to keep up the playing demands of up to two games a week. Maybe he just needed a manager like Big Bob.............
  • Matt Forde is doing live shows and I'm sure he said JB is his first guest. Its like an evenig with and stand up in the same show.
  • Played against him in a charity game in July down Phoenix. He's definitely got a lot worse!

He's on a podcast called 'The Magic Sponge' which is pretty funny. Tells a story about him and David Bentley in the England squad which cracked me up. Worth a listen.
  • I know a regular of Bell One. They see him in there all the time and say hes just thick and a bit of a t*sser.

Only buys bottles of smirnof and pours it in pint glasses.

Tv personality probably different.
  • Dave2l said:

I know a regular of Bell One. They see him in there all the time and say hes just thick and a bit of a t*sser.

Only buys bottles of smirnof and pours it in pint glasses.

Tv personality probably different.

Often see him in The Millers in Bexley village. Never spoken to him, but he seems ok. Doesn't bowl round the place giving it the big 'I am'.

Looks like he enjoys a pint though and why not!!
  • Picked him up about 6 months ago. Very chatty and down to earth. Nice fella