Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guess the teams in England's World Cup Group

13»

Comments

• Options
    Kind of agree with IA. If any of the seeded teams is questionable it's Argentina. They scraped through and haven't even done anything in recent World Cups, unlike France. I think that Paraguay or Chile deserve a seeding more than Argentina.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]its a draw. Italy and Spain got better draws than France.

England get seeded as much for the revenue they draw than their ''fantastic'' track record so lets no get all high and mighty about the French.

I am English. I hate the French. I will get high and mighty. ;-)
  • Options
    Was I the only one not to realise that we couldn't be in group A?

Doh!
  • Options
    apologies to sackitsteve who also got 3 out of 4 right.

News of the World have a wall chart coming out this Sunday.

Jumping the gun a bit or what.
  • Options
    Not the very easiest group as we didn't get one of the plethora of whipping boys in Pot 2, but can't complain overall. Basically it means we don't have a gimme fixture like most of the groups, but nor do we have any tough challenges.

Tough second round though: Ghana, Serbia or Germany.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]apologies to sackitsteve who also got 3 out of 4 right.

News of the World have a wall chart coming out this Sunday.

Jumping the gun a bit or what.

FIFA already have a downloadable on on their site.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]Not the very easiest group as we didn't get one of the plethora of whipping boys in Pot 2, but can't complain overall. Basically it means we don't have a gimme fixture like most of the groups, but nor do we have any tough challenges.

Tough second round though: Ghana, Serbia or Germany.

Don't rule out Australia. Only a bad referee stopped them from progressing to the second round last time.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    Don't rule out Australia. Only a bad referee stopped them from progressing to the second round last time.

That was Australia under Hiddink though. I personally don't think they have enough to progress from a group that difficult.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]

That was Australia under Hiddink though.

Good point - probably the best manager in the world.