Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford and Walsall away (17/12 - Brentford SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    Brentford definitely

Warsaw is a fairly easy trip as well and a new ground for me. Not sure how flush I will be after Xmas
  • Options
    See if we can beat Warsaw's away effort.

OohAhh will be active in this fixture.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]How far is Walsall in the car?

2 1/2 suppose. The ground is right next to the M6, just a few miles past Birmingham. Can see much traffic being too bad that day to be honest.
  • Options
    Just purchased mine...........as well as WIWLB jnr....................his first away game.........another milestone in his new life as a Charlton fan
  • Options
    How strict are they on the 'only 2' rule. I want 3!
  • Options
    I could do with 3.
  • Options
    am v looking forward to this. sadly work next day.
    i know a very good irish pub waling distance. haha. looks out on the river.
  • Options

About 2 Hours mate Cracking place, well i have found memories of the year we went up going there midweek. Won 4-2 form memory think it was on sky? Good little tight ground well worth the trip.

Was dissapointed when the fixtures came out as both Brentford and Wallsall I'm away and would love to go to both
  • Options
    Cheers AFKA/Dyer. May drive up if thats the case, for the Walsall game. If anyone wants to jump in let me know.
  • Options
    Can get the train to Walsall for £19.15 return :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2009

Depends where you are starting from - but AA road watch suggests 2 hours 46 minutes, going through the Blackwall Tunnel and starting from the Valley.
  • Options
    i can get a return for walsall for 30 quid if i wanna leave at 6 in the morning getting there mid morning, anyone know if its best to drink round birmingham or walsall?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]
    anyone know if its best to drink round birmingham or walsall?

there was a nice little social club kind of attached to the ground that were welcoming. Well they were when we turned up 5 hours before kick off !
  • Options
    No student rate at Walsall is a joke... 18 squids when some other grounds have been closer to a tenner this season? Ho Hum, will have to be done I suppose...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]
    anyone know if its best to drink round birmingham or walsall?

there was a nice little social club kind of attached to the ground that were welcoming. Well they were when we turned up 5 hours before kick off !

sounds like alright for me, get there early and just pitch up in a pub next to the ground, thats me sorted.
  • Options
    Anyone got any idea of whether Brentford is likely to sell out in phase one? I don't qualify till phase two, yet have made this part of our Christmas plans - staying on in London just to go before flying back to Scotland that evening. Wondering if I should be panicking...
  • Options
    I don’t think they’ll sell out in phase one, would be quite surprised if they got to phase three though (what’s with all the military terminology ? Is it “Operation Griffin” ?).

My old man can’t get a ticket as the two away games he’s purchased on his season ticket are Orient and Walsall, but because Walsall is after Brentford it doesn’t count apparently !!
  • Options
    i think it will be v popular as its a holiday but hopefully not by phase one. Fingers crossed.

Guiness for breakfast with miss sausage and les! yummmmm. Cant wait.
  • Options
    just phoned up and got my walsall ticket now as well, come charlton.
  • Options
    Hoping it doesn't sell out in phase one, as had this marked down for my annual away trip...otherwise I'll be aiming for the home end....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Took about 3 weeks to sell the 890 we got for Brighton, after plenty of people (myself included) had been panicking that they wouldn't make the second phase and I think they ultimately ended up going to the third phase. Brentford'll sell out eventually but I don't think anyone who only qualifies at the second stage needs to panic. Can't remember the last time we had an away game where tickets were all snapped up in a couple of days.
  • Options
    i think the tickets will sell quicker due to it being: a public holiday, a short trip across london and a 3pm kick off.

going to be a cracker.
  • Options
    Brighton on a cold Tuesday night will be quite different to a Bank Holiday in London methinks.

Brentford don't ever sell out though so would expect CAFC in the home end as per Gills and Brighton - whatever would Ooh Aah make of it!!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Any idea how many have been sold for the Brentford game?

and how many available on Thursday?

cheers
  • Options
    Gutted, at the girlfriends parents on the 28th december. not going to be able to make it GGGGRRRRRRRRRRR
  • Options
    Got 3 tickets last week for Brentford

These will sell out quickly I reckon.
  • Options
    Stockport 365
    Brentford 485
    Walsall 145
  • Options
    I was only allowed to get 2. Lady I spoke to said she doesn't think they'll sell out by Thursday.
  • Options
    Airman - what's the seat/terrace split for Brentford?
  • Options
    I suspect people will be waiting to get their Stockport tickets after the problems they've had with the pitch.