Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Holiday advice

2»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]Hopefully it's ok if I slightly hijack the thread...

Basically, one of my mates has received a ridiculous amount of airmiles from his dad - who used to live in Hawaii and fly back and forth to England a lot. He's now resident in England again and doesn't want the airmiles so he's bestowed them all upon my mate. There's enough for three of us to fly anywhere in the world for free, so we're planning a trip for Easter.

I've been trying to canvass as many opinions as possible about where to go, and as you people seem to have much travelling experience, thought it might be worth asking for suggestions on here.

Preferably somewhere reasonably cheap, and a little bit different to your average trip to France or wherever. My current favourite is Cape Town, but I'm also strongly inclined towards Auckland.

Any thoughts appreciated :)

Go to Aussie, spend some time in Sydney and the Blue Mountains, then on to the interior to Ayres Rock and Katajuta. The head over to Brisbane and visit Heron Island on the Barrier ... a truly wonderful place.

On the way, stop at Langkawi or Bali and on the way back go via San Francisco.

Alternatively do what my son did at the end of his backpacking trip through Asia a couple of years ago ... he went to Fiji and said it was amazing.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Didn't realise this thread about Holidays would make it into the Away Travel section.

Very poor show admin :-)

:-) Glad someone noticed!
  • Cheers sm,some good info there
  • How long is your trip?
  • Perhaps 10 days? Could potentially be more though.
    I imagine I'll have a budget of around a grand