Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Benson

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
''John Still expects Charlton to make a New Year move for his 10-goal striker Paul Benson. Dagenham & Redbridge boss Still said ''This has always been a selling club.''

This was in todays Sun. This is the first ive heard on this, anyone seen this 'rumour' anywhere else?

Comments

• Options
    I imagine they'd want a bit of money for their top scorer so can't see it happening unless we give them Dickson and Fleetwood.
  • Options
    "John Still is touting his player in the press in the hope that someone comes in for him"

Can't see us going for another forward now if Mooney and Sodje Minor stick around.

30 years old, 6 foot two (eyes of blue) 62 goals in 140 games.
  • Options
    Been pretty prolific in the last couple of years - but depends on Asodge and the moonster sticking around as to if we try for someone in Jan
  • Options
    An old(ish) striker who we'll have to pay a fee for in the Jan transfer window.

Where have we heard that before?

No thanks.

How is Mr Gray doing at Oakwell anyway?
  • Options
    Benson is a trained accountant, so could help with our books!
  • Options
    Would have to go out and find a non leaguer called hedges...

Hang on done that in mike basset didn't they?

Paul Lambert and martin butler...

David may and paul FAIRclough...
  • Options
    Can't see this, we've had our fingers burnt a little by signing strikers who are largely or totally untried at league level...waste of time and energy for the most part....well that's my take on it anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Can't see this, we've had our fingers burnt a little by signing strikers who are largely or totally untried at league level...waste of time and energy for the most part....well that's my take on it anyway.

I know you live in the 1960s Soundas but Dagenham are a league side these days : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Can't see this, we've had our fingers burnt a little by signing strikers who are largely or totally untried at league level...waste of time and energy for the most part....well that's my take on it anyway.

I know you live in the 1960s Soundas but Dagenham are a league side these days : - )

I did say 'largely or totally' untried Ben.....I think you got my drift anyway.
    We aere a team at the top of our league, so IMHO we must be looking to get in players that could do a job at a higher level i.e. CC potential...is this guy up to that standard?
  • Options
    I know nothing about him

Guess that we have scouted him and most other players in the CCC, League 1, League 2 and Conference as that's where we are likely to go shopping.

No harm in having a look but doesn't mean we are going to buy him.

Mooney and Sodje Minor both came from the CCC albeit reserves so spreading the net wide.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has been a leading scorer in league 2 since Dagenham have been there but so was Charlie Macdonald for what it is worth. Not sure whether he is the penalty taker or scores from open play.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]He has been a leading scorer in league 2 since Dagenham have been there

So was Izale McLeod!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]He has been a leading scorer in league 2 since Dagenham have been there

So was Izale McLeod!

Exactly. He would have been a better example than Charlie Macdonald I guess.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Benson is a trained accountant, so could help with our books!

On that basis, Curbs would have definately signed him.
  • Options
    I am seeing Benno on Tuesday night he does quite alot with the coca cola and i am taking 20 kids to D & R home game he has not mentioned it before and TBH is not where we should be looking, (no offence Benno if you ever read this thats our relationship fooked)
  • Options
    Paul put in an average display last night and by thta i mean he is very hot and cold last night he was freezing barely touched the ball and did very little yet amazingly stayed on for 90 mins, He is unaware of any intrest and on this showing believe me when i say he is not capable at league1 let alone higher.