Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sham 69

edited November 2009 in Not Sports Related
Me and the boy YTS went to see these tonight. Admittedly only one original member remains. But f**k it. Tunes
Quality show and quality support bands.
Did any other lifers go? Lots of football badges on display. Great night
IF THE KIDS ARE UNITED......

Comments

• Options
    Did you wear Lace up boots and corduroys?
  • Options
    No, but in honour of the ocasion, I stuck on a ben sherman!
    Was a brilliant crowd.
    Lots of west ham, no millwall
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Brilliant live band in the old days, followed by quite a few Charlton ... must have seen them 20+ times in late 70's / early 80's, starting at the Roxy with only 20 or so in attendance. Still have their original freebie single from the early gigs, Song of the Streets ... see my profile for pic.

Later gigs became a bit of a joke as they rarely finished due to BNP / NF w*nkers ... music sounds a little dated these days ... although I am sure they generate a good live performance, as they had / still have some great terrace songs.

West Ham were always big fans, also a few Spanners ... probably one of the few gigs when you would see both Danny Baker (Millwall) and Garry Bushell (Charlton).

So who's left from Pursey, Treganna, Parsons, Cain ?
  • Options
    Pursey has gone. Only Parsons still there of the original line up I think.
    The new singer is a little on the large side! Surname is Vee I think. Good job though, good banter with the crowd
    But like you say good songs live, good to jump about to. My days down the front might be numbered I reckon though. Took a full on punch in the jaw! Fair play though, she did apologise:)
    We though we might see Bushell but if he was there I never saw him
  • Options
    The original single version of Borstal Breakout was a classic, I don't know what they did at the pressing plant but that single seemed to be twice as loud as anything else around - a vital selling point in those glorious days!
  • Options
    I saw them at Brockwell Park, Anti Nazi League concert in about '79

Still have a couple of their albums
  • Options
    all about the cockney rejects.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]all about the cockney rejects.

Saw them a couple of times at Canning Town Bridge House ... good live band
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]Only Parsons still there of the original line up I think.

Excellent guitarist
  • Options
    Pursey is living in a caravan & completely broke last i heard.
    Also sure that 1 of the guitarists died of aids some time ago.They were great when they first started out at the roxy,stopped seeing 'em when the Kids discovered 'em.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pursey sold his publishing rights to the songs prior to macdonalds using "if the kids are united" on an ad
    I hate hearing stories like that, its sad. Hope he is alright
  • Options
    Dave Parsons is the only original left, sad to hear about Jimmy Pursey, one of the great lead men.
  • Options
    just got their Greatest Hits on CD for £4 !