Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall slaughter non-league Staines 1-1

edited November 2009 in Not Sports Related
These non-league clubs in the FA Cup just won't lay down and die.

As Millwall found out today.

Comments

• well done the staines massive!!!!!!
  • didnt lose though.
  • Stillin the cup though,unlike some
  • did ali c score???
  • if they lost i could see the point.
  • The right result for us - it means that Millwall will have another match before they play us.
  • good point.
  • Brother in-law was saying today that Alexander may never play again so will definitely be out an Harris may be out for a couple more weeks...........shame!
  • Good result staines hope they beat them in replay at new den.
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Stillin the cup though,unlike some

Yea but everyones over that now.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Stillin the cup though,unlike some

Don't think I'm over that performance yet.
  • felt pretty flat yesterday watching lincoln turn over victoria.
  • Are Millwall games purposefully classed as 'Not Sports Related'? If so, I like your style
  • big club LOL Check out the link

Pretensions of grandeur from the Spanners ... If we were in the prem I think we would sell out every game and be forced to enlarge the ground on move again, maybe to the same size as the yids or sunderland
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Stillin the cup though,unlike some

Don't think I'm overthat performanceyet.

Really 5-1 against MK made me pretty much forget about it to be honest.
  • edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]big club LOLCheck out the link

Pretensions of grandeur from the Spanners ...If we were in the prem I think we would sell out every game and be forced to enlarge the ground on move again, maybe to the same size as the yids or sunderland

how do we get to be as big as we deserve?

Brilliant. How do they deserve to be in any league other than league one? They're a second tier club at their absolute best - always have been, always will be. Can you imagine them lot every week in the Prem? They'd be lucky to have a game open to the public for them to even attempt to top their attendance of 6,000 every week. Fully expect a sell out there when we play them at The Den though. Here to see the Charlton! you're only here to see....
  • suppose its hard to keep a clean sheet agaisnt staines.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]suppose its hard to keep a clean sheet agaisnt staines.
    Poor effort Nolly.
  • indeed but a effort all the same.
  • ahh bless their conton socks.. would love to see their attendance figures for this compared to ours??
  • Sponsored links:

• I can assure you that The Prem League would absolutely cack themselves were Millsmall to get into their league.
    I've always had an incling that the 'powers that be' would do all they could to prevent it from happening.
  • doubt they would,would deal with it no problem.
  • I don't think we are in a position to comment on this type of thing just yet.
  • edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I can assure you that The Prem League would absolutely cack themselves were Millsmall to get into their league.
    I've always had an incling that the 'powers that be' would do all they could to prevent it from happening.

"the powers to be" don't need to do anything.

Millwall are quite capable of staying a long long way from the Premier League all by themselves : - )
  • [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]Are Millwall games purposefully classed as 'Not Sports Related'? If so, I like your style

Just a sly little subtlety I slipped in to see if anyone noticed, SussexA.
    You win this weeks star prize!