Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stylo Matchmakers

One for the oldies I'm afraid.

Was talking about old football boots last night and Stylo Matchmakers were mentioned. I said they laced up 'off centre' (almost on the side of the foot) but I got a few frowns. So after googling them, I can only find this image with 'E for B and Georgie Best' modeling said boots with a standard lace up the middle.

If they weren't updated later then who did make these boots that one of my rich mates had?

Also mention were Alan Balls outragious white boots of the time

Comments

• Options
    Had a pair of Georgie's boots when I was a lad had them for Christas, folks got them thro' Marshall Ward catalogue over 38 weeks, he was my superstar hero. Had the Alan Ball white boots too but being a left winger 'modelled' myself on Alan Hinton who also wore white boots too. Wembley trophy football, Mitre football, muddy pitches oh happy days of playing youth football late 60s early 70s. Also remember being big into Lawrence trainers!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]Had a pair of Georgie's boots when I was a lad had them for Christas, folks got them thro' Marshall Ward catalogue over 38 weeks, he was my superstar hero. Had the Alan Ball white boots too but being a left winger 'modelled' myself on Alan Hinton who also wore white boots too. Wembley trophy football, Mitre football, muddy pitches oh happy days of playing youth football late 60s early 70s. Also remember being big into Lawrence trainers!

You and your white boots.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]Had a pair of Georgie's boots when I was a lad had them for Christas, folks got them thro' Marshall Ward catalogue over 38 weeks, he was my superstar hero. Had the Alan Ball white boots too but being a left winger 'modelled' myself on Alan Hinton who also wore white boots too. Wembley trophy football, Mitre football, muddy pitches oh happy days of playing youth football late 60s early 70s. Also remember being big into Lawrence trainers!

Kev, were yours like in the Ad above? If not do you remember the ones that tied up off centre? Maybe they were Gola boots if not Stylo's?