Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How gutted???

You've gotta feel for the Barnsley fans who travelled down to Plymouth today and saw their side go 4-1 up only for the ref to abandon the match with half an hour to go. Gutted!

Comments

• Options
    can't believe that, surely it would have to be an absolute swimming pool to make such a decision
  • Options
    Was it any worse than Yeovil, I wonder?
  • Options
    Chester vs. Eastbourne also got abandoned because of multiple pitch invasions...
  • Options
    no coincidence pLYMOUTH TRIED TO GET THE REF TO CALL IT OFF BEFORE THE GAME BY ALL ACCOUNTS
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Chester vs. Eastbourne also got abandoned because of multiple pitch invasions...

certainly got the publicity they wanted/deserve... there is no such thing as winning or losing for them, they've already lost and as of Monday there will be a 23 team league
  • Options
    Claridge has just said that "Plymouth is a million miles from Barnsley". That's a hell of a trip just for an away game!
  • Options
    I hope Plymouth let Barnsley walk the three goals in at the start of the replay, and I hope that Charlton would do the same if it happened to us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]I hope Plymouth let Barnsley walk the three goals in at the start of the replay, and I hope that Charlton would do the same if it happened to us.

No way, that is one of the wonders of replays. I'd hate it if we did that, in fact it wouldn't please me if someone let us walk goals in. That's not football.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]I hope Plymouth let Barnsley walk the three goals in at the start of the replay, and I hope that Charlton would do the same if it happened to us.[/quote]

No way, that is one of the wonders of replays. I'd hate it if we did that, in fact it wouldn't please me if someone let us walk goals in. That's not football.[/quote]
    Your joking if we were winning 4v1 and the game was abandoned you would hate it if on the replay the other team let us score 3?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]I hope Plymouth let Barnsley walk the three goals in at the start of the replay, and I hope that Charlton would do the same if it happened to us.

No way, that is one of the wonders of replays. I'd hate it if we did that, in fact it wouldn't please me if someone let us walk goals in. That's not football.
    Your joking if we were winning 4v1 and the game was abandoned you would hate it if on the replay the other team let us score 3?

You're right - that's an obvious over-reaction on my part. Apart from the fact that I love seeing us score, there'd also be a certain comedy value to it too. But in general I'm opposed to this sort of thing. There are times when the team is doing so badly that hoping for a replay seems to be the only way out (not that it ever happens). If everyone is so nicey-nicey that they artificially give away goals, this little avenue of hope would be closed off for ever. Also, there is something wonderously amusing about the injustice of it all. That's why Henry's goal was so funny and why the introduction of new technology should be opposed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]

You're right - that's an obvious over-reaction on my part. Apart from the fact that I love seeing us score, there'd also be a certain comedy value to it too. But in general I'm opposed to this sort of thing. There are times when the team is doing so badly that hoping for a replay seems to be the only way out (not that it ever happens). If everyone is so nicey-nicey that they artificially give away goals, this little avenue of hope would be closed off for ever. Also, there is something wonderously amusing about the injustice of it all. That's why Henry's goal was so funny and why the introduction of new technology should be opposed.

I don't understand most of this post, but it doesn't have to be nicey-nicey. Plymouth can let Barnsley walk the 3 goals in and go on and win 4-3. If that happens, they'll deserve the win. If it doesn't, and they win the replay 1-0, well, I won't think too much of PAFC.
  • Options
    IA, they should also only play 30 mins by your logic?
  • Options
    I saw the brief highlights of this game on the football league show. There were 3 passes in a row where the ball stopped dead in the centre circle.

I do feel for the Barnsley fans. Surely a replay lasting half an hour with the score at 4-1 is the fairest way to settle it. Unfortunately those aren't the rules though. They said on the show that even if the game is abandoned in the 89th minute the replay starts at 0-0.

The conditions looked pretty terrible from the off, maybe the ref should never have started the game.
  • Options
    They shud defo let barnsley walk 3 goals in, but dont let andy gray score them :-)

silly rules really tho they should just play wats remaining and keep the score, or as they played 2 3rds of game just award it as a result!

Barnsley need the points aswell, could be crucial come end of the season also the Goal difference

Be interesting to see what they do here