Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alex Stavrinou, Dean Sinclair

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
Not sure i have seen much of this Stavrinou lad, but apparently hes gone to Ebbsfleet on loan now. Dean Sinclair to Barnet, views on these two and this decision.

Comments

• Use. Some. Punctuation.

Stop. Pretending. That. You. Don't. Know. How.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Use. Some. Punctuation.

LOL sorry, really bad, i will edit its not like you havn't told me before, so im sorry thats not good enough, my bad.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Use. Some. Punctuation.

Were not a school bruv n the way see it they both could do with the experience can only be posetiv
  • I recken its a well good decision like and itll only elp with there develhopment or in the case of Sinclair rehab. Stav is good enuff to play in League 1 so to loan him to Ebbbsfleet is well below im.
  • Agreed with what Large said when I had it translated into standard English : - )

Stav in League 2 would have been better but I guess it is about who wanted him. Conference is only 1 Step Beyond. He'll be playing regular games against decent players so will hopefully learn a lot.

Pleased for Sinclair that he is playing again and at Barnet should be given the time to get fully fit so we can sell him or at least move him on on a free.
  • Good luck to them. Not sure if Sinclair will ever be a regular at Charlton but he has a chance to get some form and fitness so you never know. Stavinrou's contract is up at the end of the season and with no more cup games, this is his chance to get some games and maybe come back as the likes of Youga/Parker have and force his way in to first team plans. Parky seems to rate him anyway.
  • LOL Large :-).

Yea im not sure stav will get the best experience in non league. However the conference is not exactally 100 times worse than league two as you say henry its not that far behind and he will get used to being a regular so will hopefully be good.

Dean hopefully will do well enough at Barnet and get enough games for us to be able to make a bit of cash on him. Lets face it we need it.
  • Without being in a reserve league, it gives Sinclair a good opportunity to get fit, and at a club that he knows and the fans (as far as we know) like him.

Good experience for Stavrinou, his first loan out. Not sure I agree "he's good enough for League One" already, I know Parky said it, but there's always praise for the young players that turned pro. If he does well he can go on loan to a League Two club later on in the season.

Perhaps it's better he goes on loan to a lower level first - Aswad Thomas went on loan to a couple of League Two clubs before ending up on loan at Lewes, struggling in the Blue Square Prem.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Without being in a reserve league, it gives Sinclair a good opportunity to get fit, and at a club that he knows and the fans (as far as we know) like him.

Good experience for Stavrinou, his first loan out. Not sure I agree "he's good enough for League One" already, I know Parky said it, but there's always praise for the young players that turned pro. If he does well he can go on loan to a League Two club later on in the season.

Perhaps it's better he goes on loan to a lower level first - Aswad Thomas went on loan to a couple of League Two clubs before ending up on loan at Lewes, struggling in the Blue Square Prem.

Yea there is a worry if they go to a struggling club in a lower league, they may become disorientated. Even if they are doing well but the club is struggling (like you comment about Lewes) they may come back to us down on confidence if that makes sense :-)
  • edited December 2009
    If anyone's interested I've got some feedback on Stavrinou from the Ebbsfleet FM researcher. Sounds just like what I've seen of him, sits in front of the defence, keeps posession, works hard to fight for the ball and lets the other midfielders get forward.
    Very comfortable sitting in front of the defence, he has given our central midfielders a more attacking licence, something that we have been lacking all season and in my view, his introduction has been pivotal to our turn around in fortunes over the last couple of games and our ability to create better goalscorring opportunities. He is tidy in possession and distribution. He lacks strength (something I'm sure he can improve on) and is ineffective in the air, which is hardly surprising given his size. He shows excellent work rate and doesn't seem to have had any problems fitting into our team.

You're right, he probably isn't ready to be thrown into your first team at the moment (barring an injury crisis) and I think unfortunately perhaps his stature may ultimately determine where he ends up, but he does have many admirable qualities, particularly for a defensive midfielder. If he can improve on his weaknesses and is given a few games at your level, then he should still have a good pro career.
    Seems to rate him similarly as Yussuff (who they had on loan last season) in that while he might not be a Championship or Prem player in the future, he should go on to have a decent career. Of course you can never say a player will definitely not play above a certain level, and at least he seems to be showing the right attitude both here and out on loan. Plenty of players have got the most out of their ability through having a good attitude and working hard.
    Will be interesting to see if he really pushes on and wins a contract for next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Went to the Ebbsfleet V Stevenage game in which Ebbsfleet won 2-1. To be honest he was at fault for their goal, but other than that i thought he was the best player on the pitch. He has a good pass on him and aint scared of making any tackles or blocks. I can see him playing for Charlton's first team in the future. For his height heading is always a problem but again i thought he won a lot of headers. Hope he stays at the Fleet cause this will make him an even better player.
  • Good stuff Stubley apart from the goal insident that sounds encourageing. Am just thinking aswell the longer he stays at that level playing well the more confident he will become. Could see him in the first team in the future.
  • Maybe i was being harsh when i said it was his fault for the goal , he lost possesion on the half way line and it was a good 2 minutes after that they scored but like i said other than that he was brilliant. Also since he has been in the team for Ebbsfleet the Fleet have been playing better and getting more goals 6 out of a possible 9 points they have got since Alex has been there.
  • Deano Scored For Barnet!!
  • [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Maybe i was being harsh when i said it was his fault for the goal , he lost possesion on the half way line and it was a good 2 minutes after that they scored but like i said other than that he was brilliant. Also since he has been in the team for Ebbsfleet the Fleet have been playing better and getting more goals 6 out of a possible 9 points they have got since Alex has been there.
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]Deano Scored For Barnet!!

Thats interesting Alex is clearly making an impact at the fleet. Yea i saw that about Deano good lad. I would say bring them both back in Marchish but it depends on league position and the like i spose.
  • I think MOGs actually lost it!
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I think MOGs actually lost it!

i concur!!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I think MOGs actually lost it!

I never had "It".
  • Good news about Stav..very promising player
  • Mog, the second box allows you to give the link a description!
  • Sinclair set to sign for Grimsby for the rest of the season according to the Grimsby OS.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Mog, the second box allows you to give the link a description!

Which 2nd box FOD ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Mog, the second box allows you to give the link a description!

Which 2nd box FOD ?
    Choose format comments as BBCode
    Click on the 2nd icon form the right, the globe with the chain link
    The follow the instructions!
  • edited January 2010
    Test
  • edited January 2010
    TEST.

Nope.