Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Levellers

edited November 2009 in Not Sports Related
Going to see The Levellers at Shepherds Bush Empire tomorrow night ... seen them many times before and it's always a great gig.

They are being supported by Sonic Boom Six ... I've not come across them before ... anyone seen / heard them?

Comments

• Options
    Hope street is proper anthem loved them right up there with neds atomic dustbin... even tho they looked like true hugging hippy douche bags.
  • Options
    Cant help but laugh whenever I hear "One Way"........all those crustys dressed exactly the same chanting along and telling us how the one way of life is your own.
  • Options
    Levellers are a great live band, my mate is the keyboardist for them now...used to play Garthie on "Birds of a Feather".....give him a wave.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Cant help but laugh whenever I hear "One Way"........all those crustys dressed exactly the same chanting along and telling us how the one way of life is your own.

Yeah, Clem ....... but that was 20 years ago now!

Always loved doing Levellers gigs .........loads of moshing at their 'proper' gigs and also at the many festivals they play, including the festy they run themselves near Exeter every August, "Beautiful Days".

These days they take a lot of good unknown bands and musicians under their wing, and give them a platform to get to a wider audience.
  • Options
    Gig was terrific as always ... but look out for the support band, Sonic Boom Six, great mix of reggae, rap and punk ... will be buying some of their stuff today.
  • Options
    Mentioned it on a separate thread ... just got tickets for their open-air gig at Royal Naval College Greenwich with Seth Lakeman supoprt in July ... anyone else going?
  • Options
    Im going to the naval college for seth lakeman.....

The missus is thinking of getting an undercut again just for the occasion. Remember seeing the levellers busking in brighton way back when.....