Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New car help

edited November 2009 in Not Sports Related
Hi I am about to take delivery of a new car (the old one is 21 years old) and the salesman says I should pay £300 to have something called G3 glassheild to proctect the paint work against bid s**t etc . Does anyone know if these things acually work or is it a con and a bottle of car wax will do the same thing.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I've never bothered. They always try and palm it off as "you'll not need to wax it for 2 years or some other rubbish.

It's upto you but I can't say I've noticed amazing results on my dads cars and he pays for this.
  • Options
    Might offer some protection but can`t stop the car becoming dirty. £300 sounds a lot of money. Your old car did ok for 21 years with much poorer quality finish and poorer quality paint than current models.
  • Options
    Yes, a good quality wax polish will do the same job, salesman's probably on commission to flog their stuff. But remember to clean bird muck off as soon as you can, it can do nasty things to paintwork whatever the polish.
  • Options
    thanks for that

It confirms what i was thinking
  • Options
    My daughters both had there cars done and have been impressed with the results, both cars 3 years old never been waxed but always look like they have been after washing. £300.00 is much higher then the price they paid just under £200.00 from different dealership. Try negotiating my daughters friend had hers done a couple of months ago and paid £200.00 but they gave her the car mats (£70.00) for free.