Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jenson Button

has moved to form a British 'dream team' by joining Lewis Hamilton at McLaren.

And i see Raikonen is leaving F1 after failing to secure a drive for next season.

Comments

• Options
    Who will be the No.1 driver? The 2009 World Champion or the 2008 World Champion?
  • Options
    Lewis will beat him quite convincingly next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Lewis will beat him quite convincingly next season.

Agreed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Who will be the No.1 driver? The 2009 World Champion or the 2008 World Champion?

Hamilton, all day long
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]And i see Raikonen is leaving F1 after failing to secure a drive for next season.

just hasn't got the desire/commitment and he was in the top 5 paid sportsmen in the world on his previous contract so I think he'll live

It's sad really when you compare that attitude to those that would've probably taken a 50%+ pay cut just to be the best at what they do
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Who will be the No.1 driver? The 2009 World Champion or the 2008 World Champion?

Hamilton, all day long
    So Button is joining McLaren to be the number 2 to the man he beat to the title?
  • Options
    "And i see Raikonen is leaving F1 after failing to secure a drive for next season."

Apparently he has been paid off from his contract at Ferrari. Sounds like the terms mean that if he took another F1 drive then the payoff would be reduced accordingly. It seems he is better off to not drive in F1 for a year...! Obviously doesn't apply to rally driving.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]

Hamilton, all day long
    So Button is joining McLaren to be the number 2 to the man he beat to the title?

He only won the title because his team perfected the rear diffuser thing before the other teams. Once they caught up with the technology he never got close to winning another race and he was back to being another average driver racing an average car albeit one who worked hard.

Apparently he'll get a mere £18m from McLaren next year and that's his way of cashing in on his victory. McLaren in turn will make that back from extra sponsorship opportunities from pimping out the world champ to flog whatever their sponsors want him to push.

A joke sport.
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing Hamilton putting Button well and truly in his place.
    Can see him lapping him a few times...
  • Options
    BFR - That's £18m over 3 years.

Cafc-west - Raikonen has said a number of times "it's Mclaren or nothing" & when they wouldn't meet his wage demands, he decided to take a year ou.

I totally agree with Ketman - Hamilton will beat Button convincingly, though from the way the car was progressing at the end of the season, it looks like the Mclaren is definitely the one to have...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It will be alot closer between the two than you think.

No refuelling next year means drivers have to look after their tyres more, something which Button is very good at.

I expect Hamilton will beat him in the long run but it will be close.
  • Options
    They can still pit for tyres & we'll be back to 4-5 second pit stops...
  • Options
    looking forward to Button showing people up well and truely
  • Options
    I'd love to be proved wrng & it be really close between Button & Hamilton - I just can't see it happening.
  • Options
    £18 million over 3 years!

I'd do it for a fraction of that!

you should have seen me in my youth, racing around the Dartford one way system!
  • Options
    Its going to be between three teams. Hamilton will become embroiled with Alonso. Vettel is improving all the time. For me the title will be between Button and Vettel. So all this talk about Hamilton is utter codswallop.
  • Options
    Jenson Button , Chris Martin (Coldplay), and the singer James Morrison are all the same person, just think have you ever seen them together?