Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ar-gen-tina 78 style inspiration at the Valley

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
All those leaves on the pitch Saturday made the Valley look like the 78 World cup final.

Well just a little bit : - )

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Loved how deep the goals were in that World Cup. Looked like you could score from any angle.
  • Options
    Did we bribe the goalie......
  • Options
    I must admit, I did like the pitch on saturday........reminded me of Sunday morning football on local park pitches with the leaves and swirling crisp packets.

just hope Yeovil's pitch is upto the same standard, then I will be looking forward to a lovely drive there & back to see us win 3-0 !

up the addicks !
  • Options
    The whole team were on cocaine soon after the match on a flight, apart from little Ossie it is said. Maybe that's what happened to our lad's on the coach up to Northwitch?

Bit before my time '78 but from the pictures I saw years later it just looked like the start of modern football to me. Kempes looked like a proper modern striker, unlike say Geoff Hurst or Gerd Muller
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]The whole team were on cocaine soon after the match on a flight, apart from little Ossie it is said. Maybe that's what happened to our lad's on the coach up to Northwitch?

Bit before my time '78 but from the pictures I saw years later it just looked like the start of modern football to me. Kempes looked like a proper modern striker, unlike say Geoff Hurst or Gerd Muller[/quote]

Gerd Muller, more strikes than a box of Swan Vesta !!!
    Top Top goalpoacher, low centre of gravity & strong as an Ox. Could sniff a goal from 100 paces ala Hales.
    I reckon Real Madrid would offer £100 million if he was playing today.
  • Options
    I know I know. But you'd hardly call him a modern striker, the chubby alcoholic cancer stick consumer. If he were around today he probably would end up at Real Madrid, but if you wanted a modern striker to put it about and occupy technically superior defenders you'd have to worry for portly Gerd.
  • Options
    I Know where your coming from CT. He was just an out and out goalscorer and there aren't many like that around today.Strange how they all liked a fag back then, Cruyff, Ardiles, & it was acceptable.