Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Song for Mooney

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
to the" andy hunt song....

Oh Dave Mooney
Oh Dave Mooney
he plays up front
he plays up front
Oh Dave Mooney
he plays up front
his name's the same as getting your bum out
Oh Dave Mooney
he plays up front

taxi!

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2009
    To the tune of Pass the Dutchy (sp?)

Pass to Youga on the left hand side,
    Pass to Youga on the left hand side,
    He's got no hair!,
    and when he's playing well he pops up everywhere,
    and when he's bad?
    Oh when's he bad he often gives us all scare!

I've got part way through a verse for Sam as well, but ran out of ideas for the second line. Any suggestions?

Pass to Lloyd Sam on the right hand side
    Pass to Lloyd Sam on the right hand side
    Oh when he's great,
    He'll skin the fullback and he'll serve it on a plate

Could probablle be extended to include pass to Frazer, pass to Racon, Bailey, Basey etc.
  • Options
    Who needs wayne rooney
    We've got dave mooney?
  • Options
    Or even just "Moooooney" in the style of Rooooooney
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Or for weak Moon puns. To the tune of 'Man on the Moon(ey)' by REM

"We can't believe! We've got our David Mooney, David Mooney"

EDIT: It doesn't scan very well, but it could be:
    "They were fools to believe! They could put a man on Dave Mooney, man on Dave Mooney"

About him being impossible to mark ;)
  • Options
    the mooney mooney ala rooney did it for me on saturday
  • Options
    I was warbling alone to Kaiser Chief's Ruby

"Mooney, Mooney, Mooney, Mooooney, la la la la laaaa"
  • Options
    so no song for mooney yet it seems.
  • Options
    nolly 11 hours ago # 8
    so no song for mooney yet it seems.

hahah!
  • Options
    thought he, and Racon, were pants. Can't see Mooney staying beyond 1st December. Very happy with everyone else's contribution though. Get rid of Ohmysuzi too. Basey is ok at LB and can switch Youga or even Semedo to RB.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]thought he, and Racon, were pants. Can't see Mooney staying beyond 1st December. Very happy with everyone else's contribution though. Get rid of Ohmysuzi too. Basey is ok at LB and can switch Youga or even Semedo to RB.

Your such a cheerfull fella but sometimes i do wonder if you know anything!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Burton's hold up play and work rate along with Mooney's running caused them no end of trouble. He could have done better with a couple of chances but I though Mooeny looked very good and this looked like the basis for a great partnership
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]thought he, and Racon, were pants. Can't see Mooney staying beyond 1st December. Very happy with everyone else's contribution though. Get rid of Ohmysuzi too. Basey is ok at LB and can switch Youga or even Semedo to RB.
    Let's get McLeod back in the team then...?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Mooney may not be technically great, but he made lots of intelligent runs and always tried the right option I felt. One example was in the first half where he tried to square it to Racon to give him the tap-in, but was slightly off balance so skewed it wide. I can't see how his performance on Saturday can be described as pants. Worked really hard, scored his first goal and was a handful throughout.
  • Options

I hope that was tongue in cheek, because Mooney was fantastic saturday. Caused their defence a heap of problems and his movement is superb. He was close to MOTM in my opinion, second only to Bailey really.
  • Options
    He's only on loan isn't he ? By the time you've made up a song he'll have gone home.
  • Options

Although Mooney appears lightweight he looks alright for this level. I find it difficult to criticise any striker who scores on his first start in a 5-1 win.