Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nicky Bailey in the middle

Cracking performances all over the pitch today but seeing Nicky Bailey in the middle of the park barking orders all over the place, defending, getting forward, scoring goals, taking free kicks, absolutely fantastic. He looked every inch a captain today, so glad to see him back in his best position.

Comments

• Options
    Couldn't agree more...I'm going to say that that was as good a performance from him today as I've seen....MOTM for me, all the way!
  • Options
    Good man management from Parky? Asking for a captain's performance from Bailey and getting it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Couldn't agree more...I'm going to say that that was as good a performance from him today as I've seen....MOTM for me, all the way!
    But what does Colin think............
    ;-)
  • Options
    Good man management from Parky? Asking for a captain's performance from Bailey and getting it?
    Yes, has to be said that Parky deserves a lot of credit for today's performance, he's shifted things around a bit and obviously thought back to Nicky's performances in that position last season. As well as we started the season I've always wanted him in the middle, he was fantastic today.
  • Options
    The only praise he deserves is for playing bailey in his rightful position. You cannot play your top scorer out of position and expect the same results.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: UpsandDowns[/cite]The only praise he deserves is for playing bailey in his rightful position. You cannot play your top scorer out of position and expect the same results.
    Top scorer? Most of his goals were scored on the left. This season and last season.
  • Options
    My point is the performance, goals are an added bonus. You cannot afford to play players like bailey out of position, especially on the wing cos he hasn't got the pace or skill to take full backs on and expect the same results.
  • Options
    Bailey is a gnarly combative midfielder. He needs to be in the middle of the park mixing it up, not out wide
  • Options
    Fair enough. It worked quite well last season but as said before playing out wide suits Racon more than Bailey, not sure why we didn't try it more often after the Leeds game.
  • Options
    Personally, I think he had been pretty poor this season. This week Parky asked him for a big performance, moved him into the centre, and boy, he was magnificent! It was like having a new player today.

As for Racon, I thought he had started the season well with Semedo in the middle. But, he has really dipped of late and maybe switching him wide was a good decision although his reading of the game was a bit sluggish at times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Racon has looked terrible recently :S

can tell hes got the ability, just poor decision making and holds onto it for too long.

Bailey on the other hand was immense today.
  • Options
    I thought Semedo was the man when we needed a calming force and then Bailey was MOTM once we were 2-1 up (which was most of the match).

Racon is a strange case. Sometimes I think he's disinterested and plenty folk think he's some sort of deity and plenty of times I think he's pretty good (today is somewhere in between) and people say he's terrible. Whatever...
  • Options
    He brings too much to the team when playing in the middle, to be wasted out wide. Yes he has a good goal scoring record when playing wide left, but there is no reason why he can't score 10-12 from center midfield and be far more influential to the whole team as well.
  • Options
    i think we know that bailey is at his best in centre mid. racon has been rubbish of late and bailey box to box performance today highlighted that even more today. it also highlighted that we need a left winger badly. if we get a half decent one the balance of the team will be perfect and promotion guaranteed.