Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I think that can be officially classed as a response :-)

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
Well done to all :-) was dreading that to be honest.
Valley was loud as well.

Comments

• Options
    5 goals after being 1 down!!!......teriffic resposnse and we looked good today - we actually had spirit and passion not to mention some bloody good football. We need to build on this now and take all 3 points at Yeovil followed by a win against Bristol Rovers. As I said on another thread the other day they owed it to thmeselves and US to put in a performance and I cant fault them.... in poor weather condition as well....... thanks lads can enjoy the weekend now.
  • Options
    Great, great response for the Valley faithful. Some awesome play and, personally, i think we looked as we did at the beginning of the season against an MK side that i thought played well throughout. They looked fast and played the ball well but we came back strong and hustled them for 94 mins. Sam's jinking run and goal was a highlight for me. The only downside was getting a £20 fine at London Bridge! Good times!
  • Options
    Fantastic result! Getting on the horse after a fall and all that.

That was a long time coming for the Addicks faithful. Well pleased for you.

Keep it coming guys!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Northwich Tricker[/cite]Fantastic result! Getting on the horse after a fall and all that.

That was a long time coming for the Addicks faithful. Well pleased for you.

Keep it coming guys!

Thanks, Tricker!
  • Options
    Gave a little muted cheer when I heard the result. (our game's tomorrow)
  • Options
    Cheers for the replies Northwich fans!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I was beginning to doubt that great start to the season as just being against weaker opposition but MK are a decent side and we were better :-)
    The balance of the side looked good today
    and we looked more and more of a threat as the game went on. If we can build on from here....:-)
  • Options
    Suddenly we have options up front that look effective, having a threat up front works so well for the rest of the team. I thought that Mcleod would be the answer this season, sadly not but Burton along with McCenzie, Mooney and Sodje all offer somethong different. Hope to see Tuna go out on loan to Div 2 and McCleod just to go out.
  • Options
    like mckenzies attidude when he came on.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Suddenly we have options up front that look effective, having a threat up front works so well for the rest of the team. I thought that Mcleod would be the answer this season, sadly not but Burton along with McCenzie, Mooney and Sodje all offer somethong different. Hope to see Tuna go out on loan to Div 2 and McCleod just to go out.[/quote]

The worry is Mooney and Sodje are only loans. Hopefully the Mooney loan can be extended for the whole season and if it works out the Sodje deal will be made permanent.

Mooney doesn't play like a loanee. He ran his nuts off on Weds and did the same today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great team performance today!

Mooney was absolute quality! Extremely hardworking, the goal, & unlucky to have an awful linesman on his case.
    McLeod can be moved on, if we can get Reading to part with him on the cheap.

In this league, Bailey is wasted on the wing. He was the best CM in this league before he signed for us, & I think he made a real difference to the side, playing back in there. Gave the team a genuine spine in that position.
    Well done PP! For realising that Nicky had been a bit off his game & switched him back there.

Funny quote from Paul Ince on the official site, basically saying that he, & his team, were quietly pleased that they were the better team for 60 minutes.

What game was he watching? :-D
  • Options
    how long have we got mooney till?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]how long have we got mooney till?

1st December :-(
  • Options
    An awesome performance, brimming with confidence effort and class running rampant against a side that were in all fairness no slouches either. Mk Dons other than Leeds and possibly Norwich are the biggest threats in this League to us and we are unbeaten against all of them. Well done PP and the boys, for yesterday you are forgiven the week before!
  • Options
    do you think we will get extension on mooney?
  • Options
    Unbelievable day great atmos. 5 whole mins of chanting CAFC we hate place and then changing it to Millwall was brilliant can hardly talk now though so worth it lol. Reasult wise stunning i could not have bin happier leaving J block on a cold afternoon. My hat goes of to all our palyers no one had a bad game first time i have seen us that unified since the prem days :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]An awesome performance, brimming with confidence effort and class running rampant against a side that were in all fairness no slouches either. Mk Dons other than Leeds and possibly Norwich are the biggest threats in this League to us and we are unbeaten against all of them. Well done PP and the boys, for yesterday you are forgiven the week before!

Agree all is forgiven and i dont even care about the cups now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]do you think we will get extension on mooney?

Depends on how long Rogers survives at Reading I reckon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]do you think we will get extension on mooney?

Depends on how long Rogers survives at Reading I reckon.
    Wonder if they have fans that want him recalled and put in the team, like we have with Dickson?

How many strikers are ahead of Mooney at Reading?
  • Options
    Mooney was good but not as good as Archie Roberts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    saw Frank Lampard senior at the game yesterday,probably watching Mooney for Rodgers.