Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bromley FC

I went to watch Bromley FC v Colchester yesterday. Colchester cruised through the game 4-0 and Bromley were made to look very very poor, with no chance of a cup upset from the kick off. When I left the game a couple of lads I was with said it was the worst football they had ever seen a team play with no heart or desire, and I advised them to watch the Charlton game today.

I find it interesting and rather disturbing that Bromley are at a very similar level to Northwich Victoria who completely battered us.

Comments

• Couldn't see another thread. Up to the conference today and haven't heard from Henry Irvine (can only imagine he's bathing in Champagne) also an ex player has scored against Arsenal in Semi final of FA Cup. Good day so far for them.
  • Cant believe they didn't blow it well done
  • Potentially Bromley v Tranmere in a league game. Decent that.
  • Very important that they went up. There is a lot of unsavoury things happening behind the scenes and this will go a long way to sorting them.
  • Very important that they went up. There is a lot of unsavoury things happening behind the scenes and this will go a long way to sorting them.

Are you able to elaborate? Always find it interesting to know the politics of non league clubs.
  • I'm guessing that it's something to do with the wages they're paying down there? 1 bloke is

Very important that they went up. There is a lot of unsavoury things happening behind the scenes and this will go a long way to sorting them.

I'm guessing that's to do with some of the wages they're paying down there? One of the players is on £1700 a week... Ridiculous for a non-league team!
  • CAFCsayer said:

I'm guessing that it's something to do with the wages they're paying down there? 1 bloke is

Very important that they went up. There is a lot of unsavoury things happening behind the scenes and this will go a long way to sorting them.

I'm guessing that's to do with some of the wages they're paying down there? One of the players is on £1700 a week... Ridiculous for a non-league team!
    Surely not
  • CAFCsayer said:

I'm guessing that it's something to do with the wages they're paying down there? 1 bloke is

Isn't that Ebbsfleet you[re thinking of with Danny Kedwell?

• I can't go into too much detail as there's potential legal implications, but what I can say is that the club was sold this season, but the original owners are now back running the club.

Promotion was very important for the club. There are / were a few interested investors on the basis of promotion which would help the club massively.
  • Good on them. Had Charlton not been at homes would have gone along. Will be along to a few next season for sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• They had 2900 there yesterday.
  • interesting start today v Grimsby .. the game will tell a lot about the two club's current situation and confidence
  • edited August 2021
    interesting start today v Grimsby .. the game will tell a lot about the two club's current situation and confidence
    National League doesnt start until the 21st

Currently beating Welling 2-1 in a friendly at the moment
  • thanks ..  I saw the list, missed the date  B)
  • Nice setuo down at Bronley.  I went and watched the U23's last week and went to the Paul Linger match there too.  Decent little stadium and clearly getting ready for the next level.  Could thi be their year?????