Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paddy Kenny off

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
Phil Jagilka in goal, come on Arsenal, shoot on sight!

Comments

• They better not lose to their 2nd team, their first is bad enough. Come on Gooners, dont let us down! Snatch a point!
  • Arsenal are painfully bad, Pards knows how to beat em anyway, in their faces, and take your chances, see West Ham at Highbury last season
  • Lose to Sheff U, then hit us with the reply.

Arsenal will cock up our season. NAILED ON, LOCKED ON, FACT !
  • From SkySports Transfer Centre
    News from Elland Road where goalkeeper Paddy Kenny has left Leeds United after two years at the club.

@LUFC
    BREAKING: We can confirm that Paddy Kenny has left the club by mutual consent. The keeper made over 70 appearances for the club #lufc
  • Shame for him Warnock is out of work.
  • His local kebab shop will be chuffed to bits
  • About to sign a short term contract with us to cover Hendo's injury ?

LOL
  • Richard J said:

About to sign a short term contract with us to cover Hendo's injury ?

LOL

I'm sorry, but I think is very possible...

• An eight year bump?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Ross said:

An eight year bump?!

I would say Paddy Kenny has had his 'bump' for more than 8 years!
  • Ross said:

An eight year bump?!

It's madness. I think Paulie is trying to invent a new game.
  • Richard J said:

LOL

Could be worse, we could be getting Thuram back !
  • Think about it. If Henderson is out for any length of time, Pope steps in.

But what if he gets injured? Would you be happy if our only choice as keeper was Phillips?

So, Pope starts, and we have the experienced head of Kenny on the bench...
  • Yeah, not sure need to bump old threads when it is regarding something new.

But what if he gets injured? Would you be happy if our only choice as keeper was Phillips?

Don't mind having his head on the bench, but if we have his body as well, it's likely to break...
  • edited August 2014

Richard J said:

LOL

If it did happen it would mean that either Henderson is out for a while or that Pope will be loaned out again for the whole of this season. Despite my LOL above I think I would prefer him to Phillips on the bench . In his day he was a good keeper , just concerned above the level of fitness. Pope needs to start against Derby in the league ,maybe give Kenny a game in the Cup at Pride Park next week.
  • Do we actually know what is wrong with Henderson and how long he will be out
  • Kap10 said:

Do we actually know what is wrong with Henderson and how long he will be out

Hamstring problem. http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201408&date=20140816&time=1801
  • Hang on a minute, I think we've just started a rumour!
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:

Kap10 said:

Do we actually know what is wrong with Henderson and how long he will be out

Hamstring problem. http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201408&date=20140816&time=1801
    Nothing from the club though, just what it looked like.
  • I believe the Leeds chairman wasn't a fan of him because of a superstition around the number 17, which is his squad number or date of birth or something.

Madness.
  • Whenever I see him anywhere, I just think he should be running a ferris wheel ride at some county fair somewhere, never a professional sportsman.
  • cafctom said:

I believe the Leeds chairman wasn't a fan of him because of a superstition around the number 17, which is his squad number or date of birth or something.

Madness.

Yeah he hates the number 17 and Kenny was born on 17th May, they have also retired the number 17 shirt
  • Did he not also change all the 17 seat numbers at the ground to 16B, im sure i read that somewhere.
  • Did he not also change all the 17 seat numbers at the ground to 16B, im sure i read that somewhere.

Think that was at his club in Italy.

Think that was at his club in Italy.
    Oh ok, now it makes sense............................. ;-)

Don't mind having his head on the bench, but if we have his body as well, it's likely to break...
    Ah, the truth behind the vast improvement in the pies at the Valley now is revealed...
  • cafctom said:

I believe the Leeds chairman wasn't a fan of him because of a superstition around the number 17, which is his squad number or date of birth or something.

Madness.

Yeah he hates the number 17 and Kenny was born on 17th May, they have also retired the number 17 shirt
    I think it was the 17 stone weight that was the main problem! And that's putting it lightly (or not)!!