Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stay Loyal - We are Charlton

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
This is when it can go wonky but bottom line this when we have to stand firm and get behind the side.

Comments

• well said fella
  • It went wonky a long, long time ago. If you're not a Charlton Loyal by now you never will be.
  • just thinkin that myself,trouble is all of us on here are as my son says PROPER.My fear is as things go tits up the suppport we have maintained this year,will fall by the way side which will hurt us even more.
  • I am proud we are up in the position we are,not glad to be in this division but on the back of last season i will take this for the moment all day long
  • edited October 2009
    The way I book it is that we have an ordinary set of players in a *very* ordinary league and at some point it will go pete tong but THE GOOD WILL OUT.

I am so not happy clappy, but you have to get behind them now more than ever or we are no better than the mugs like M*******.

Terrible result but ONWARDS. . . . .

Have re-read that post and it looks too positive/happy clappy.

PULL YOUR FKIN FINGER OUT PARKY FFS.

Phew. thats better.
  • Charlton till i die...... we dont sing it for nothing :)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]This is when it can go wonky but bottom line this when we have to stand firm and get behind the side.[/quote]

I will do when we change this clown of a manager!
  • get the middleasterns in and splash 15 million, that will fix it...
  • Silk purses and Sows ears come to mind.

Parky has not yet bought a player for a transfer fee because we don't have the funds. His options are inevitably severely limited because of that.

We have to stick with it as fans and hope that the togetherness and spirit (at least compared to the last couple of seasons) can overcome this blip in form.

The truth though is that whilst our first X1 is decent at this level when fully fit the back up is weak and half fit players will never play to their full potential.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The truth though is that whilst our first X1 is decent at this level when fully fit the back up is weak and half fit players will never play to their full potential.

That. Easy to think we have a really good side for this league, but our back up players are a mixture of youngsters and players that if we had money would have been replaced. McLeod aren't good enough to be 2nd or 3rd choice striker in a team trying to win promotion, and Spring too often won't do anything wrong but won't offer enough either. Not an attack on them, but they're some of the very few senior players that we have as back up. Others have injury problems (Sinclair and McKenzie) or are out on loan (Dickson and Fleetwood)

I understand why there a big expectations, but realistically, with the small squad we have, we'll do very well to finish in the top two. There's not really one position we have as much quality and numbers as we'd ideally like, just too many gaps in the squad.

At the very least we need an alternative to Burton, better (and fit) striker(s) to play alongside him/the alternative and another option out wide (especially a left footer for the left of midfield). It's great having a midfield in which we have a clear best four or five, but they could do with better competition and back up when injured or suspended. A couple of injuries to the midfield and we have a lower League One midfield, nothing more.
  • Sponsored links:

• I suspect that the reason that we're in the ever deepening pool of shit that we are in, is that we are uncomplaining (aside for a few internet grumbles)
  • With a small squad, it was imperative that Parky used the players at his disposal in an intelligent way, with a view to keeping his best 15-16 players as fit and fresh as possible. He didn't do that. He could have used 442 at home and 451 away from home as a way of integrating different players whilst keeping others fresh. Instead he carried on using the same 11 week in week out until they were knackered or carrying injuries, and the system was sussed out by opposing managers. Wagstaff and Tuna should have had far more time on the pitch in home games. Dickson and Fleetwood should not be out on loan at the same time. He has yet to discover a front two that can actually play well together, so playing 442 away from home with two strikers who don't click is just suicidal.
    Parky has done a good job, but he has also made major mistakes.
  • After last season for me it cant really get any worse the fact that we are second in the league and we are being told to keep our heads up. In my experience for Charlton to be second in any league is a good thing. I am just happy to be were we are i think last season proved we are no longer the big club we once were although many still like to think we are. Matches in this division are more so about how you play on the day rather than massive gaps of class and certain teams will beat you when you least expect it i was upset yesterday but we are still second allbeit on goal diff but still second so i am chuffed.
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]get the middleasterns in and splash 15 million, that will fix it...
    Exactly..

Where's that takeover thread...?
  • [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]With a small squad, it was imperative that Parky used the players at his disposal in an intelligent way, with a view to keeping his best 15-16 players as fit and fresh as possible. He didn't do that. He could have used 442 at home and 451 away from home as a way of integrating different players whilst keeping others fresh. Instead he carried on using the same 11 week in week out until they were knackered or carrying injuries, and the system was sussed out by opposing managers. Wagstaff and Tuna should have had far more time on the pitch in home games. Dickson and Fleetwood should not be out on loan at the same time. He has yet to discover a front two that can actually play well together, so playing 442 away from home with two strikers who don't click is just suicidal.
    Parky has done a good job, but he has also made major mistakes.

Fair enough but at the same time if he kept switching between 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 we'd end up doing what Pardew did, tweaking and changing the team too much. Could you imagine starting McLeod at home, he scores a goal, and the next week he's dropped for Shelvey simply because it's an away game? Are there any teams that do thaat? Parky is thinking you've got to play you're best team when you can and give them a chance to play together.

We should have rested Sam, Richardson and Burton when they needed a rest, but I can see why Parky didn't want to put Solly and Wagstaff in together and there is no real alternative to Burton. McLeod, Fleetwood or Dickson can't do Burton's job, not sure Mooney can (so could be argued was he the right type of striker to bring in on loan), Tuna can't and McKenzie is injured. I agree we need to rest players, but I think the worry for Parky is that our replacements either can't do the job required and he'd be playing too many inexperienced players.

This is where we need more players to give us a few extra options. Just having a left footed left winger as Colin said in the 'Small' squad thread would enable Bailey to be rotated with Racon (or one of them subbed on for Semedo when needing a goal) and take pressure off Sam to offer us width. Then having an alternative for Burton that can score a few goals would give him a rest and take pressure off McLeod and Shelvey.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Parky has not yet bought a player for a transfer fee because we don't have the funds.

not true Len. We paid a fee for Spring, a player that hardly gets a look in. Money well spent ??
  • Get a grip folks, we lost one game and have only lost twice in the league all season.

We played poorly on Saturday but Kavanagh basically scored two long-range bombs that on most days would probably not have gone in, although we could certainly have closed him down better.

We are in trough in form, no doubt about that, but we have not suddenly become a poor side. We are still very good at home but we do need to lift away from The Valley.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]It went wonky a long, long time ago. If you're not a Charlton Loyal by now you never will be.

I didn't think Charlton Loyal and Charlton Life were aligned in many ways ?
  • [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]It went wonky a long, long time ago. If you're not aCharlton Loyalby now you never will be.

Think he ment a loyal charlton fan in general rather than just members in forums.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]It went wonky a long, long time ago. If you're not aCharlton Loyalby now you never will be.

Think he ment a loyal charlton fan in general rather than just members in forums.

Oh I see now
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 Ok buddy easy mistake to make as afterall it is a web forum :-)
  • Silly me
  • Silly you.
  • I am silly
  • Well I did say. . . . .
  • Looking forward to a few glaases of scrumpy next week now

The Good Will Out!