Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

burtons injury

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
let the man have a operation and come back fit.

Comments

• Options
    gotta agree mate,he isn't doin himself or the team any favours
  • Options
    Agreed.
  • Options
    Who is going to replace him, McLeod is in no way flavour of the month here and can't play on his own. Personally after McKenzies cameo I would give him a chance but don't know about his fitness
  • Options
    fit and you get a strong bullish forward who puts it about ,injured you get this.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Who is going to replace him, McLeod is in no way flavour of the month here and can't play on his own. Personally after McKenzies cameo I would give him a chance but don't know about his fitness

Mooney?
  • Options
    Mooney. No point in having a struggling Burton might as well get him fit again and benefit in the near future.
  • Options
    looking at mooneys record in england,he sure knows where the net is!
  • Options
    What's the point in getting an 'emergency loan' and then further risking your best permanent forward?

Parky - I supported you last season but now you're even testing MY patience.
  • Options
    if he was scoring with a hernia you could be tempted.but he is struggling
  • Options
    I didn't go to the game today. What happened with burton? I think he has been great this season. Playing with a lot of injuries and doing well. But yeah, if he's struggling let him get fit. It doesn't speak volumes about a) the other strikers or b) the emergency loan if we are still flogging an injured striker
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i liked hes play when not injured,hes strong,holds the ball well and looks for the ball all the time,but he has a hernia and it shows,mcleod not worth even talking about.
  • Options
    Possibly we waiting for mckenzie to be fit - anyone know how long? We have no other real options. The fact Mooney is not even considered at a relegation threatened Reading doesn't give me much hope he's more than a bit part. McLeod just doesn't do it for me at all - although i don't want to turn this thread into another izzy debate
  • Options
    Waiting for mackenzie to be fit might be a long wait
  • Options
    We need an alternative to Burton. Do wonder if Mooney is that type of player, the way he's been used so far it seems he's more an alternative to McLeod to play alongside Burton.

Like Redman said, I don't want to start a McLeod debate but I can't ever see him scoring regularly for us. Just not the answer for me, but I understand why he's been given a chance, his pace and movement creates chances. With Shelvey behind Burton we don't have that pace up front.

McKenzie - like others have said, it's hard to see him getting fit and staying fit.

Solve the striker problem (no idea how though) and it could take pressure off the rest of the team. If Burton plays like he did at the start of the season, and we had someone with pace that could take their chances it could make all the difference. Too often though Burton is getting crowded out, and McLeod falls over or gives away the ball easily.

Some will say Dickson is the answer (and again don't want to turn this into a Dickson debate), but Bristol Rovers have lost 5 in a row including today and he was dropped to the bench. With his goalscoring record there and at Gillingham you don't drop a player unless he's not doing enough in other areas of his game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]let the man have a operation and come back fit.

Spot on. This hernia is not going to go away on it's own and the sooner it's done the better.
  • Options
    We have a very important Christmas period (as in 2007/08 when this is where our season really fell apart imo with draws against Hull, Norwich, Leicester and a loss against Colchester).
    Therefore I would rather Burton has to operation asap so he is fit and 100% for the xmas games (Millwall and Swindon look big games)
  • Options
    The theory is that Mooney was signed because he can play in the Burton role, but he's only officially at the club until Dec 2nd. What if Burton goes for his op is out of action for 6-8 weeks and during this time Mooney gets recalled by Reading? Then we'll be down to a choice of McLeod, Tuna, McKenzie or we draft another loanee in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]The theory is that Mooney was signed because he can play in the Burton role, but he's only officially at the club until Dec 2nd. What if Burton goes for his op is out of action for 6-8 weeks and during this time Mooney gets recalled by Reading? Then we'll be down to a choice of McLeod, Tuna, McKenzie or we draft another loanee in.

all that doesn't matter. Burton is obviously struggling and is currently no good to man nor beast. Get the op down, get back asap. In the meantime we just get on with it.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2009
    I have a feeling he could be having the op now while there is a break in league fixtures.
  • Options
    that what i reckon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hasn't looked fit for a while.

Needs it sorted.