Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Watch and quiver :-)

LCVLCV
edited October 2009 in General Charlton
Check out footage of our victory over FC United in the previous round.

Gives you an idea of our ground and pitch, though you have to wait until the end to catch a glimpse of the Danebank Stand where I guess most of you will be heading.

http://www.vimeo.com/7330024

Feel free to chuckle at the Manc commentary!

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Looks like a decent pitch. I'm sure McLeod will take a tumble or two though (if selected).

Love the commentary. Two Frank Sidebottoms?
  • I'd advise everyone to watch that on mute. Like nails on a blackboard that commentary
  • Quite enjoyed that, "Eeeh bah gum, lads. I'm 'aving tripe & onyongs for mah supper.
    Int that rahght, ower lass?"

Jeez, that brute of a FC United centre half ...... he was like that runaway bus when he hurtled into that player to concede the penalty. Reckless or what, the 'victim' went straight up in the air.
  • Those United fans standing up - will they never learn. Don't worry LCV, our lot will sit. Are there cup holders for tea in the away end?
  • The pitch invasion was the highlight - the 'Coronation Street' commentator's comments were priceless
  • edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Those United fans standing up - will they never learn. Don't worry LCV, our lot will sit.

as already noted elsewhere, no you won't, not on the Danebank. We're civilised footballing folk. :)
  • why don't I get the flashy beige quote box when I click quote? :(
  • [cite]Posted By: dorsetgreen[/cite]why don't I get the flashy beige quote box when I click quote? :(

Reserved for W****n fans I am afraid.
  • Looks alright. At the least the grass is cut, couldn't lend Gillingham your mower could you?
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9DA9
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: dorsetgreen[/cite]why don't I get the flashy beige quote box when I click quote? :(

You have to click on the BBcode radio button at the bottom of the text box.
  • I love the 3rd goal, he really meant that didn't he, was he concerned over his first touch then?
  • [cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite]Looks alright. At the least the grass is cut, couldn't lend Gillingham your mower could you?

Doesn't mean it will be cut for our visit DR!
  • The pitch looks in great condition, hope they don't do a Jills and forget to mow it for 2 weeks.

Also, the Danebank Stand along the side looks very good. But you wouldn't want to be behind the goal 5 deep.
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    Also, the Danebank Stand along the side looks very good. But you wouldn't want to be behind the goal 5 deep.

If you've put away plenty of pre-match beers, at least the bogs will be handy.
  • Yeah, our "two-sided" ground is a source of much mirth....for other clubs.

I would argue though that it's hardly worth spending the cash (which we haven't got) building up the ends when we typically get a gate of 500 - 600!

The DBS holds over 3000, add that to the seating capacity and that's enough for every game we've ever had to cater for since the VS has been built.

It's only when a huge club like Charlton comes to town we need to worry! :D

If anyone is errr...vertically challenged, I'd suggest bringing some step ladders or make sure you get there in time to secure a place on the DBS. It's one of the best views you'll get in any non-league ground and I dare say a few league grounds too.
  • [cite]Posted By: LCV[/cite]

It's only when a huge club like Charlton comes to town we need to worry! :D
    Sure, I understand.

We are the new Massives ......(!)

;o)
  • Personally, I think that now it's on TV, Sunday lunchtime, with an early start required and poor train links, we will take less than FC United.

I reckon we will have 1,000 maximum.
  • Like Sam Ashton don't they !
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Personally, I think that now it's on TV, Sunday lunchtime, with an early start required and poor train links, we will take less than FC United.

I reckon we will have 1,000 maximum.

500 I reckon.