Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Q&A with Richard Murray confirmed for Thursday 26th November

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
The Fans' Forum is delighted to announce that Richard Murray has confirmed his availability for a Q&A session at The Valley on 26th November.

Doors will open at 7pm with the Q&A starting at 7.30pm and lasting for up to a couple of hours.

More news on the event (eg numbers, ticketing, bar, food etc) will follow as it becomes available.

Comments

• Options
    Well done Dave and forum.
  • Options
    Good on you.but i will not be able to make it .Going home after Bristol Rovers game Sods Law.Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    Nice one what are the ticket arrangemnets?
  • Options
    What sort of food are you laying on ?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    "What sort of food are you laying on ?"

Straw ?
  • Options
    Will the club be using the same email list of attendees compiled for the original meeting?

Remember that before Richard Murray speaks you can get all the inside gen from Peter Varney at Bromley Addicks : - )
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]What sort of food are you laying on ?

Gumbo, Grits, Jambalaya, Fried Chicken
  • Options
    Is there any news on numbers, ticketing, bar, food etc yet?
  • Options
    Latest update from your caring and ever-energetic Fans' Forum:

There are likely to be 300 places available (North Stand lounge) with a pay bar and 'beef in a bun' type food available.

After the hassle with ticketing arrangements when the event was originally planned for last July, the Fans' Forum are looking at simpler ways of making tickets available. This may mean that we administer allocation of tickets ourselves rather than relying on the club, but we will confirm arrangements shortly.

We are trying to avoid elaborate qualifying requirements for tickets while still looking to ensure that they are allocated on a fair and sensible basis (eg we won't restrict to Season Ticket holders only, but neither will be just throw 300 tickets into the air). As a minimum we expect to be able to record names, e-mail addresses (where available) and CON numbers etc to ensure that we have a record of where tickets have been allocated.

Let me know if any of this sounds unreasonable, but please recognise that we are trying to keep things as simple as possible.
  • Options
    I think people who have a history of attending other Richard Murray meetings (in Bromley for example) should be given preference ; - )

Seriously I think whatever method you use will draw some complaints so go with what you think best and then review afterwards for the next meeting/s.

I would suggest emailing all those on Gill's orginal list of 200 and asking them to confirm if they are still planning to come within a short time span. Those people have already expressed an interest and you already have their details so it is simple and quick. It also seems only fair as those people were disappointed before.

That would still leave 100+ tickets for others. Those could be left for personal callers at the Valley on Match days at a stand outside main reception.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I think people who have a history of attending other Richard Murray meetings (in Bromley for example) should be given preference ; - )

Seriously I think whatever method you use will draw some complaints so go with what you think best and then review afterwards for the next meeting/s.

I would suggest emailing all those on Gill's orginal list of 200 and asking them to confirm if they are still planning to come within a short time span. Those people have already expressed an interest and you already have their details so it is simple and quick. It also seems only fair as those people were disappointed before.

That would still leave 100+ tickets for others. Those could be left for personal callers at the Valley on Match days at a stand outside main reception.

Seems like a plan to me. Especially as I was on the original list :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I think people who have a history of attending other Richard Murray meetings (in Bromley for example) should be given preference ; - )

Seems like a plan to me. Especially as I was on the original list :-)

Perfect plan except that email addresses aren't on the original list...............!
  • Options
    In which case, those e -mailed with an original confirmation, can forward this to Gill (if they still have it) and she only has to acknowledge for it to remain valid.

If people haven't got it and nor has Gill, then not a lot can be done.

Surprised Jill wouldn't have details of sent acceptances in her sent items box.

This can be publicised on bulletin and O/S :-)
  • Options
    hoping to make it simple for all and trying to keep the club out of it if possible as they have enough to deal with and this is the FF's event.

I guess we could ask all those that received a confirmation to forward it to the email address we will be supplying, but it would be just as easy to just reapply and pretend the other event didn't exist!?!? :-) I think either option is fine.

I don't think Gill has time to now copy all email addresses from the system to the spreadsheet (it prob should have been done at the time) and as we're trying not to involve her this time, its not really fair to ask her to do that now.
  • Options
    I'm just going to turn up and say I'm a friend of Suzi's. That normally works : - )
  • Options
    If your names not down you're not coming in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]If your names not down you're not coming in.

Don't you know who I am : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]If your names not down you're not coming in.

Don't you know who I am : - )

Bloke in the cadigan, ain't it?