Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ludovic Kennedy RIP

Son of a war hero (look up the HMS Rawalpindi) and fought in WWII himself before a career as a journalist and TV presenter.

Died last week just short of his 90th birthday.

Comments

• i think he also suffered with his mental health, was a real battler, in the nicest sense. rip.
  • 10 Rillington Place was an awesome book/film concerning a gross miscarriage of justice. Rendered anything else written on the subject crass. RIP Ludovic.
  • He was involved with the sinking of Bismarck, also an accomplished jazz drummer.

RIP
  • Feels like he was around for my generation since I was born....served on board HMS Dorsetshire at the sinking of the Bismark.
    Always thought of him as an officer and a gentleman from the 'Old School'...speaking of which he was an Old Etonian I believe?
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] ......a career as a journalist and TV presenter.

If you really insist on continuing using this site for announcements like this (and goodness knows why you do), however late, at least have the decency to acknowledge the persons achievements. Kennedy was one of the foremost campaigners against miscarriages of justice this country has ever seen.

Why no mention of Al Martino?
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Feels like he was around for my generation since I was born....served on board HMS Dorsetshire at the sinking of the Bismark.
    Always thought of him as an officer and a gentleman from the 'Old School'...speaking of which he was an Old Etonian I believe?

Was on the HMS Tartar during the sinking of the Bismark.

Dug out my copy of his collected writings (Truth to Tell) last night which includes extracts from his naval writings (Nelson's Captains and Pursuit) as well as a his campaigning journalism.
  • edited October 2009
    Ah right...just looked it up and see it was the inability of The Dorsetshire to pick up Bismark survivors(due to submarines being spotted in the vicinity) which upset him a great deal, which is why I thought he'd served aboard her.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]......a career as a journalist and TV presenter.

If you really insist on continuing using this site for announcements like this (and goodness knows why you do), however late, at least have the decency to acknowledge the persons achievements. Kennedy was one of the foremost campaigners against miscarriages of justice this country has ever seen.

Why no mention of Al Martino?

Just back from the pub Chirpy?
  • Chirpy need a hug!!!