Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Im listening to some great music on http://www.npr.org/music/newportfolk/index2.html
  • Top 1000 of all time on XFM 104.9 FM ? , finishes at 7pm tonight.

Cigarettes & Alcohol - Oasis No 86 just finished playing.
  • A bit of Sam Brown today.
  • just about to digout The Nightfly bt Donald Fagen, haven't played it in ages.
  • Having a retro day ......."Disraeli Gears" - Cream
  • So Oggy...... you are experiencing returning ' from the hard lands of the winter' eh! great song........
    I think this is creams best studio album....rarely equalled. never bettered
  • Hi Ken, ......I've also got Fresh Cream, their first album and Goodbye Cream on LP, sorry I mean vinyl.
    Goodbye's got a couple of live tracks, side one and a great Ginger Baker drum solo.

Theres some good bluesy tracks on Fresh - but agree with you, Disraeli is a lot more innovative.
  • Also got the Blind Faith eponymous album on vinyl, which I haven't played for ages.
    Always liked Stevie Winwood, especially when he was leading Traffic.
  • red hot chili peppers
  • [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]just about to digout The Nightfly bt Donald Fagen, haven't played it in ages.

love that album and " shootout at the fantasy factory " by traffic
  • Sponsored links:

• Listening to at the moment ....? "Live at Blind Willie's"

Legendary live blues bar in Atlanta, Georgia .......which I went to a couple of times when I was staying over in Atlanta last October. Saw acts like Houserocker Johnson and Sweet Betty, great atmosphere.

Linky:Blind Willie's Blues Bar

Their catch phrase: "It Ain't Easy Bein' Sleazy"
  • edited January 2010
    Now listening to Tori Amos ....Boys for Pele

Must have been left here by an old girlfriend, but hadn't heard it for years so thought I'd give it a go.

I'm supposed to be trying to get my books up to date, as my Accountant is giving me a hard time for being late.
    Tax return has to be in by the end of the month - but I'll procrastinate, do anything to avoid having to face doing it.

Even listen to Tori Amos and spend the rest of my time on CL.

;o)
  • "Riding with the King"
  • edited January 2010
    Hi Oggy.....
    Have you seen this that they did Live....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-eb64NfCrQ
    Impressive stuff....... yeah I had that stuff and Live cream, wheels of fire, and the Blind Faith album, Goodbye etc etc..... for a time they were my favourite group, along with Free . But I have always liked Hendrix and Rory Gallagher, especially the blues stuff, I am a big Rory fan and I am hoping that the 4 cd Live at the isle of wight1970 will give Rory his due regognition, an amazing blues player. I used to go to school in Plumpstead:Bloomfield with the pianist Lou Martin, and I am hoping to meet up with him this year. Love all the Electric/Blues stuff, afraid I live in the past, guess it is the music of my youth.
  • Alyth McCormack - The Edge
  • two against nature-steely dan
  • Orgasm Addict - The Buzzcocks
  • The SOS Band

and they are at the Indigo in March ... yowsaaaaa
  • best of steve harley and cockney rebel
  • U2 ......"All that you leave behind"
  • Sponsored links:

• Isis - Panopticon
  • One here for Stonemuse I think.....Nina Nastasia The Blackened Air......heard a track after watching Carriers on the plane back from Sydney yesterday.....Ive just downloaded it on iTunes.....excellent.
  • [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]One here for Stonemuse I think.....Nina Nastasia The Blackened Air......heard a track after watching Carriers on the plane back from Sydney yesterday.....Ive just downloaded it on iTunes.....excellent.

Good stuff Tel, cheers, new one for me. Sounds good.

Have to see if Carriers is on my BA flight to Singapore tomorrow (if I get to the airport!)
  • [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]One here for Stonemuse I think.....Nina Nastasia The Blackened Air......heard a track after watching Carriers on the plane back from Sydney yesterday.....Ive just downloaded it on iTunes.....excellent.

Engineer is Steve Albini ... no surprise, he normally gets involved in good music.
  • Lucky you...Singers is lovely this time of year. I think I should have been born in warmer climes. Just downloaded Alyth McCormack......good shout.
  • My girlfriend moaning at me
  • edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]One here for Stonemuse I think.....Nina Nastasia The Blackened Air......heard a track after watching Carriers on the plane back from Sydney yesterday.....Ive just downloaded it on iTunes.....excellent.

Good stuff Tel, cheers, new one for me. Sounds good.

Have to see if Carriers is on my BA flight to Singapore tomorrow (if I get to the airport!)

Took your tip Tel & Stoner, and listening to her right now on Spotty.

Like this thread, you get reminded of good stuff you haven't listened to for a while.
    And artists you don't really know, to try out.
  • A bit of 70's stuff while surfing you tube,

Eddie And The Hot Rods
    Dr Feelgood
    Brindsley Schwartz
    Graham Parker & The Rumour
  • The Best of British £1 Notes - Lydon / Pistols / PIL

Some truly brilliant tracks from his career - Anarchy, Open Up, Religion, Love Song, and the superb Rise ... plus many others
  • The Flight of the Conchords on Spotify. I could do with some humour with this sh*t weather outside.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!