Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• Beck's Morning Phase. Perfect by the pool, as the sun & heat both rise :)
  • TelMc32 said:

Beck's Morning Phase. Perfect by the pool, as the sun & heat both rise :)

Great record - one of this years highlights for me!

• 50 words for snow - kate bush

• Wildest Dreams - Last Ride is currently being played
  • Quintron & Miss Pussycat - Swamp Buggy Badass ( from the brilliant and eclectic compilation album Let's Lazertag Sometime )
  • amon duul ll - phallus del. i used to listen to this band while on acid, they sounded great. just listened to it again not on acid and it sounds shit, but hey that's acid for ya.
  • Ben Howard - End of the Affair / I forget where we were
  • edited September 2014
    Been playing Robin Trower Bootleg at the mean fiddler Bridge of Sighs part two London 2005.

Great sound from the boy from Catford. Robin is playing probably his last gigs in the UK early next year and at 70 I think he wipes the floor with most guitarists today. Of citied as a Hendrix light/copyist, his 'Fulltone Clyde McCoy sound that he obtains, does have a lot of Jimi's Univibe, Vox /Clyde McCoy effect sound that he played at the BOG, concerts, but all of Robin's effects are Fulltone thesedays, and although he still plays through a Marshall and strat his has his own custom job set up's these days. A immense talent playing like the master.
    Love the crowd shots on the you tube footage..... transfixed fan's

• Ryan Adams - Ryan Adams

His new outing. Most press have given this some pretty low ratings. After one listen most tracks seem a bit Samey. More mainstream than what he usually puts out. Still catchy though. Have to give it a few more listens....
  • Black Uhuru - Chill out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sheikh Yerbouti ... Frank Zappa ... hahahahaahaha
  • The God Machine-Scenes from the second storey
  • N*E*R*D - In Search Of... (the re-recorded live band version)
  • Check this out...

https://www.evergig.com/

Pretty cool concept - even though I absolutely hate all the iphones etc being held up at concerts - at least this makes some use of all that crappy footage.
  • The Horrors
    Chvrches
    Saint Motel-My Type is catchy
  • Omni Trio - Skeleton Keys.

Some nice drum & bass from '97.
  • Johnnie Taylor - Wanted one soul singer
  • The God Machine-Scenes from the second storey

I absolutely love that album. Purity, Home and The Blind Man especially. Absolute tragedy what happened to them - the second album was great too.
  • The waterboys - This is the sea and Fishermans blues.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Souljazz Orchestra
  • HowzeeD said:

TelMc32 said:

Beck's Morning Phase. Perfect by the pool, as the sun & heat both rise :)

Great record - one of this years highlights for me!

Saw him in Madrid a few weeks ago. Never been a huge fan but he blew me away with that performance.
  • Kilimanjaro- the teardrop explodes.All of this and Nothing - psychedelic furs
  • The Pogues, shuffling between If I should fall, peace & love, hell's ditch, red roses for me & rum, sodomy and the lash.
  • Damien Rice - My Favourite Faded Fantasy

Johnny Marr - Easy Money

SBTRKT - Wonder Where We Land
  • mellow start to saturday - Lund Quartet
  • Hank Mobley - Hi Voltage
  • Duke Ellington/Miles Davis
  • Manchester Orchestra - Cope
  • the walker brothers greatest hits.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!