Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trafalgar

edited October 2009 in Not Sports Related
Amazing price for the flag - hopfully it will be kept in Greenwich.

nelson

Comments

• After 200 years, riddled with shot holes and still smells of gunpowder.
  • Heard on the radio today that there are two ways to hang the flag...the normal way obviously and then the other way round (upside down) which is a signal of distress from old naval days apparently.

Interesting.
  • edited October 2009
    Important to remember that the thick white line is ALWAYS top left when hanging the Union Jack...I learned that in the cubs around 1955...indeed flying the flag with the thin white line top left (in effect upside down) is a sign of distress.
    The Stars and Stripes was first made from a cut up Union Jack by a group of American ladies...I can't remember exactly where and when....I asssume sometime before or after a battle during The War of Independence.
  • Looks no different to the one my parents have in their loft..... except it's got C H A R L T O N A T H L E T I C written across the middle!
  • [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Looks no different to the one my parents have in their loft..... except it's got C H A R L T O N A T H L E T I C written across the middle!

I hope they had the thick white line top left Chicago?
  • [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Looks no different to the one my parents have in their loft..... except it's got C H A R L T O N A T H L E T I C written across the middle!

LOL
  • Trafalgar Day

Apt maybe to say there is a Trafalgar Day service in East Greenwich Pleasuance tomorrow morning.
  • Thanks Curb_It, hadn't realised.