Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Samsung led tv

edited October 2009 in Not Sports Related
Just convinced Mrs TCE that we need a new tv, we have always had a Samsung (despite their tie up with Chelsea) but the LED tv looks to be the "Dogs" anyone got one? know much about them? got an opinion?

Comments

• Options
    Saw one in Makro, last night.Very good picture. I think it was about £699 for 32"
  • Options
    Top 10 LCD TVs Samsung (five stars) is at number 2.

Top 10 Plasmas Samsung (five stars) and is at number 6.

And, of course, you'll want something to view and listen to once you've got it home. Samsung (five stars) at number one.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Chizz mate this is LED far beyond both standard LCD and Plasma!

asked about one on its release, realisticly could not be done! bloke in shop said it was the best he'd ever seen!
    edit: YES TCE IT IS THE DOGS BOLLOCKS! But very expensive...
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    TCE is on about the LED TV (a whole different beast from LCD and Plasmas)

Unless you're going to spend top dollar on a good LED, rather than the cheaper end of the range, be prepared for a frustratingly poor picture. The cheap end LEDs (and they're not really cheap - still more expensive than a comparable size Plasma or LCD) use technology which significantly cuts down on the cost - but also the picture quality. If you've only got a limited budget, you;d be much better off sticking with an LCD/Plasma - unless, of course, picture quality isn't incredibly important to you, in which case the thinness of the LED is very attractive.
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments Gents. Chizz, the Led at number 2 is the very one we have looking at! 29mm thick for christ sake I remember our 1st 100hz tv it was the size of a house. I have found it for just over the "grand" plus they want a "tenner" delivery. (saucy b*****ds) £1000 for a telly and they want me to pay to have it delivered, I have asked them to phone me so we can discuss it ;)
  • Options
    My 50" plasma is 3 years old and still knocks out a superb HD picture so no need for me to go for LED yet - at least until the price drops a bit - seeing as I paid £1800 for the tv I doubt the mrs could be swayed just yet anyway
  • Options
    I bought the series 8 46'' a couple of weeks back.
    Quite pleased with it.